News Forum - Phuket child prostitution scandal: Entertainment venues lose 100 million baht

Thaiger

51 minutes ago, Manu said:

That's fine. But this is this sentence you wrote that makes me somehow jump and then replying to you: "I personally don't care as in if the girl is over 15 or 16 and wants to work like that then who cares."

However my bad, I have to admit that I completely overlooked the word "over" in that sentence, which gives obviously a complete different meaning.

But indeed Thailand is protecting their kids. In the 70s, Thailand was the place to be for pedophiles around the world. Thailand did the right thing to put this issue right over the years, showing that they placed this issue "rightly" as (at least) one of the most important ones.

I am surprised you are asking. How can I write these 2 comments on this topic and be in favour of that?? A grown man marrying a child is nothing else than a pedophile, regardless of the law, especially when the law is run by pedophiles themselves. Hence my first sentence to my reply to you "f*** the law!". Culture and "traditions" have nothing to do with that. And then of course religion, when taken to a political level with fundamental interpretations is doing dramatic damages. Extreme poverty and lack of education doing the rest. The thing is, many men are not doing this, and fight against it, risking huge troubles and sometimes their lives for speaking out in their countries, something unfortunately that is not talked very much about in the outside world. However this issue will probably be changed by women. The brave women movements in Iran and even in Afganistan, followed by a huge amount of young men (well in Iran mostly) although the huge risks they are taking, show us that the young generation aspire for something else. After all, women did it in many places around the world, it did not happen in a day or 2 in Europe for example, I have hope that eventually it will be the case also in those countries. Equality of rights between men and women means a change of mentality and therefore aspiration and eventually the law. No women, or at least pratically all women, would be in favour of child marriage. Then it will also become a norm of seeing a grown man engaging with a child as it is: nothing else than a pedophile who should be stopped. There is a very tough battle ahead around the globe though, especially when you realise that even in Europe, 1 of 5 children have experienced at some point some kind of sexual abuse.( https://human-rights-channel.coe.int/stop-child-sexual-abuse-in-sport-en.html). So again, hence I wrote "f*** the law". Law or not, pedophiles are everywhere! And this mentality of normality and impunity have still a long way to go before being changed and stopped, even in the western world.

No problem! Yeah, I am not a perverted nutcase and do think pedophiles and human traffickers should be just put to death. My personal sentiment is a girl at age 16 is in most cases old and developed enough in certain worldly situations to have their own opinion and make personal decisions, but it is really best that the age limit is set at 18 or above to let them open their eyes a little more to what is reality and what the outcome of not finishing a certain level of education could have led to. To me even seeing older guys with a really young looking gal looks off, but as long as the legal age is there and the girl has the freedom of choice and not forced or trafficked, then up to them and hope it all works out for them. Elvis was not a saint as I have been reading.

On 3/20/2023 at 9:09 PM, oldschooler said:

Girls pre-puberty certainly off limits

Older girls say below 15 also need legal protection from males and themselves.

However, Age of consent everywhere is highly arbitrary.

Nature determines girls fully ready to physically procreate aged 13-14.

Consent Age is 15, and 16 for Marriage, in many advanced western nations / areas.

Village Thai Girls are majorly at it like rabbits aged 13 onwards.

No real enforcement in Thailand of absurdly old  “legal “ consent  age 18.

YET the puritan expat brigade up in arms when 18 age “barrier” broken.

Get angry about important issues here like 20,000 Thai kids 11-19 KILLED every year by motorbike accidents.

Or lamentable state Education system or very poor Drainage & Sewage or Off Scale City Pollution.

Hahaha. Someone who actually KNOWS something.

My Girl, over 3 years now, is from Sisaket. Just turned crazy-sexy 30, I'm 62 (but fit, have all my hair, and I don't sit in bars all day...I don't drink at all, I take long walks, ocean swim & snorkel, and hit the gym and eat whole food).

SHE pursued a Thai shopkeeper, age 33, when she was 14. "I boom boom 14, and I love it." Anyway, she gets permission to marry him at 16, has her first kid at 16, second 17. The two girls, Chili and Wasabi (no shit...their true nicknames) are a real kick. Have never said a cross word to me.

"YET the puritan expat brigade"...yea, annoying AF.

Anyway, great comment and just had to add a bit of "he's right" to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2023 at 11:36 PM, oldschooler said:

Yes . Root Causes of early promiscuity are Complex but still somewhat under Substantial Parental Control BUT getting internally trafficked for Cash, and certainly acquiring a motorbike at 11-12 for Parent Convenience, is 100% Parental Permission ! 
Motorbike will highly probably kill her far more quickly and surely though than Prostitution. 

My Girl had been talking about getting her 13 yr-old a motorbike to take her and sis (12) to school and back. Of course, it's for convenience. There is a bus, but it's often late. She acknowledges the risks. Also, that's just Thai life. It really is.

But she also said that the thing is, once she gets a motorbike, "she can can go anywhere she want."

So, yep, parents know. That's Thailand, not the West, which is why I live here. I like and applaud the way things are. I find it superior to the West and my America.

No desire to ever go back there, and glad I sat Covidiocy out here, as opposed to anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 5:04 PM, Manu said:

How on earth the biggest ignominy that a society faces, that is underage prostitution and pedocriminality, is not THE most important issue? Who do you want to protect in a society if not kids, cause that is what these young girls are. In your comment, you seem to forget that we are talking about that here, the majority of them are forced to do so. And who do you think are using these girls? Pedophiles from around the world. Do you think a 15/16 years old girl has for dreams to have sex with old fat disgusting pedophiles? You can all constantly enjoy your Thai bashing on any subject, sometimes I agree, but that something, anything, is done to at least save a few girls from this hell is a fantastic news. End of.

"you seem to forget that we are talking about that here, the majority of them are forced to do so."

Funny, the old tales never die. You're not talking about mud-hut Africa. Back when I was coming here from '86 - '91, in my 20s and partaking daily multiple times, none at all seemed "forced." Not even in the slightest.

And, back in the 80s, 80-90% of Thais were below the World Bank poverty line for Thailand. Now, only 10% are below that poverty line.

I've been back and living here over 3 years (full time have not left since Jan 2020) and among every single one of the few dozen chicks I've befriended in that time, from early 20s to late 30s, they do it because they effin want to.

I know chicks from out in Surin and Sisaket with homes near where I built a house who have a house and car, but they go for 2-3 months to Pattaya, BKK, or Phuket every high season and make $5-10K net back to the village.

You want to know why most girls do it and have ALWAYS done it?

My [friend, sister, cousin] tell me.

Before, it was letter or phone calls. Now, it's social media, reinforced with pictures of the high times and the glamour, like when she got taken on the private yacht for a week, 5-star resort, shopping for brand-name clothes, etc etc.

"Forced."

555-LOL 

Age of consent is a very variable feast,  I think most of us have come across both 14yr olds that are uncomfortably mature and knowing, and 20yr olds that are totally naive. But it does need to be legislated, and that can only be done with a one size fits all age cutoff. It is then down to the courts to decide what is and is not appropriate - in the case of 15yr olds being trafficked into prostitution, that is 100% inappropriate, and should get the maximum sentence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Age of consent is a very variable feast,  I think most of us have come across both 14yr olds that are uncomfortably mature and knowing, and 20yr olds that are totally naive. But it does need to be legislated, and that can only be done with a one size fits all age cutoff. It is then down to the courts to decide what is and is not appropriate - in the case of 15yr olds being trafficked into prostitution, that is 100% inappropriate, and should get the maximum sentence. 

Vladimir Nabokov's "Lolita" is an enduring classic for a reason. Moralists ignore or deny it, but you can't fool mother nature.

Thai life, and in particular their "mai pen rai it's up to you" ways convince me that as the Western world becomes increasingly moralistic, it ironically grows increasingly immoral.

4 hours ago, RNikoley said:

Hahaha. Someone who actually KNOWS something.

My Girl, over 3 years now, is from Sisaket. Just turned crazy-sexy 30, I'm 62 (but fit, have all my hair, and I don't sit in bars all day...I don't drink at all, I take long walks, ocean swim & snorkel, and hit the gym and eat whole food).

SHE pursued a Thai shopkeeper, age 33, when she was 14. "I boom boom 14, and I love it." Anyway, she gets permission to marry him at 16, has her first kid at 16, second 17. The two girls, Chili and Wasabi (no shit...their true nicknames) are a real kick. Have never said a cross word to me.

Near Identical Profile and Thinking to Myself, RN, VERY Rare here indeed.I’m 66😩

Yes, one main reason I’m based here when not working is Minimal Rules / Interference.

Rules Apply in Medical (Safety), Property (Land Office) Minor Govt. (HouseBooks/ Driving License/ Tourist Immigration/ Marriage/ Permanent Residency) , Insurance / Banking (Money) areas.
Elsewhere ? Not so much. Above Rules work to Citizen Advantage. 

Other reasons are Safe- Hot- Cheap- Great Lady (25 years younger / Architect).

And Full On Tropical Island Lifestyle ………No other place on the planet comes remotely close for me …..

All OFF TOPIC …. Apologies….. Felt Need to Share These Thoughts Here. 😎

6 hours ago, RNikoley said:

My Girl had been talking about getting her 13 yr-old a motorbike to take her and sis (12) to school and back. Of course, it's for convenience. There is a bus, but it's often late. She acknowledges the risks. Also, that's just Thai life. It really is.

But she also said that the thing is, once she gets a motorbike, "she can can go anywhere she want."

So, yep, parents know. That's Thailand, not the West, which is why I live here. I like and applaud the way things are. I find it superior to the West and my America.

No desire to ever go back there, and glad I sat Covidiocy out here, as opposed to anywhere else.

It's more like "Thai village trash" not all of Thailand

I like the village but wouldn't base what's right and wrong on what goes on in Thai villages......

28 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

It's more like "Thai village trash" not all of Thailand

I like the village but wouldn't base what's right and wrong on what goes on in Thai villages......

Not sure how you got any moral imperative out of what I wrote. I was describing how things are. And I picked a particular experience that echoed what another commenter had said. That it's village life is irrelevant. Many urban dwellers come from the villages. Many people in villages have had stages of life and work in urban centers.

And now, could you address "Bangkok trash, not all of Thailand?" And after that, perhaps "southern Thai trash, not all of Thailand," and so on?

I kinda wonder if you did a modicum of research before calling half the population of Thailand trash.

According to the World Bank, fully half the population of Thailand (35 million) live in the rural village areas as opposed to urban.

34 minutes ago, RNikoley said:

Not sure how you got any moral imperative out of what I wrote. I was describing how things are. And I picked a particular experience that echoed what another commenter had said. That it's village life is irrelevant. Many urban dwellers come from the villages. Many people in villages have had stages of life and work in urban centers.

And now, could you address "Bangkok trash, not all of Thailand?" And after that, perhaps "southern Thai trash, not all of Thailand," and so on?

I kinda wonder if you did a modicum of research before calling half the population of Thailand trash.

According to the World Bank, fully half the population of Thailand (35 million) live in the rural village areas as opposed to urban.

I'd imagine 20 years of frequenting the village is enough

My point was I wouldn't encourage what goes on in village life, because in many cases it's low class, same as any ghetto situation

It's absurd any grown adult would condone 12-13yr old driving a MB, but again, that is low class, uneducated village life

You wouldn't rock up to any ghetto in the US and follow their ways, you'd more than likely look down on them, but in Thailand you are celebrating it

I enjoy the village, we will build a house there and live there.............I still wouldn't point to is as the way to conduct yourself in many situations

Brining it back to the subject, you know how much shady underage stuff goes on in Thai villages that is just swept under the rug? So we just point to that and shrug our shoulders and chalk it up to "that's Thai village life"?

11 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I'd imagine 20 years of frequenting the village is enough

My point was I wouldn't encourage what goes on in village life, because in many cases it's low class, same as any ghetto situation

It's absurd any grown adult would condone 12-13yr old driving a MB, but again, that is low class, uneducated village life

You wouldn't rock up to any ghetto in the US and follow their ways, you'd more than likely look down on them, but in Thailand you are celebrating it

I enjoy the village, we will build a house there and live there.............I still wouldn't point to is as the way to conduct yourself in many situations

Brining it back to the subject, you know how much shady underage stuff goes on in Thai villages that is just swept under the rug? So we just point to that and shrug our shoulders and chalk it up to "that's Thai village life"?

"but again, that is low class, uneducated village life"

Have you ever been to Bangkok? Sheesh. 12 yo are driving motorbikes all over Thailand. Everywhere. Every day.

One reason they learn to drive very young in the village is work. Kids are often driving the various trucks, tractors, machinery.

...When I bought a real motorbike in Chiang Mai back in 2020, my GF wanted to test drive it first. I asked, "do you know 1 down, 5 up?"

"Richar, I country girl. In the country we drive anything."

She hopped on and zoom zoom zom.

Sorry, but I don't get the sense you have much of a clue what you're talking about.

"So we just point to that and shrug our shoulders and chalk it up to "that's Thai village life"?"

So you [presumptuously] know better than those 35 million folk, with their base culture that predates ours? Ever stopped to consider that the last thing they want is our sense of "enlightenment?"

Here's a figure.

Percentage of self-employed (i.e., entrepreneurs) in Thailand: 60%

America (I assume it's similar all over the vaunted West): 6%

10X more people with entrepreneurial free spirits.

You think that might have anything to do with anything? It's like an apples to oranges comparison. Entrepreneurs don't like being told what to do and generally loath sheepish, compliant, yessir employee mentality.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RNikoley said:

"but again, that is low class, uneducated village life"

Have you ever been to Bangkok? Sheesh. 12 yo are driving motorbikes all over Thailand. Everywhere. Every day.

One reason they learn to drive very young in the village is work. Kids are often driving the various trucks, tractors, machinery.

...When I bought a real motorbike in Chiang Mai back in 2020, my GF wanted to test drive it first. I asked, "do you know 1 down, 5 up?"

"Richar, I country girl. In the country we drive anything."

She hopped on and zoom zoom zom.

Sorry, but I don't get the sense you have much of a clue what you're talking about.

"So we just point to that and shrug our shoulders and chalk it up to "that's Thai village life"?"

So you [presumptuously] know better than those 35 million folk, with their base culture that predates ours? Ever stopped to consider that the last thing they want is our sense of "enlightenment?"

Here's a figure.

Percentage of self-employed (i.e., entrepreneurs) in Thailand: 60%

America (I assume it's similar all over the vaunted West): 6%

10X more people with entrepreneurial free spirits.

You think that might have anything to do with anything? It's like an apples to oranges comparison. Entrepreneurs don't like being told what to do and generally loath sheepish, compliant, yessir employee mentality.

What self-employment has to do with any of this?

There are many good aspects of village life but no one should encourage a lot of the low class behavior that goes on

No, 12yrs old shouldn't be driving to school on MB, it's absurd and dangerous, for them and others

Domestic violence

Sexually assault

Pedophelia

Not taking care of your kids

Deadbeat dads

Alcoholism

All things that are rife in the village, shouldn't be encouraged and I don't think you just chalk any of it up to "it's Thai village life"

Well unless you are white trash yourself and don't know any better...........

I love the village and love the people, I just wouldn't point to it as the model way "Thai life" is

Just as I wouldn't point to the projects, where I grew up, as a model way to live....

9 hours ago, RNikoley said:

No, that is not normal "Thai life" 

It's low class, uneducated, illegal activity

A 33yr old banging a 14yr old

Oh yeah, let's applaud that!

You aren't some "puritan" when you are against illegal activity like that

You are a normal, moral person................

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

What self-employment has to do with any of this?

There are many good aspects of village life but no one should encourage a lot of the low class behavior that goes on

No, 12yrs old shouldn't be driving to school on MB, it's absurd and dangerous, for them and others

Domestic violence

Sexually assault

Pedophelia

Not taking care of your kids

Deadbeat dads

Alcoholism

All things that are rife in the village, shouldn't be encouraged and I don't think you just chalk any of it up to "it's Thai village life"

Well unless you are white trash yourself and don't know any better...........

I love the village and love the people, I just wouldn't point to it as the model way "Thai life" is

Just as I wouldn't point to the projects, where I grew up, as a model way to live....

<PLONK>

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

No, that is not normal "Thai life" 

It's low class, uneducated, illegal activity

A 33yr old banging a 14yr old

Oh yeah, let's applaud that!

You aren't some "puritan" when you are against illegal activity like that

You are a normal, moral person................

And... <PLONK>

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 17.02.55.png

59 minutes ago, RNikoley said:

And... <PLONK>

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 17.02.55.png

And incidentally, what anyone thinks of me or my associations is none of my business. Anyone curious about what I'm all about in my replies that never parrot and regurgitate narratives is welcome to check out the place where I've written over 5,000 articles over the last 20 years and to which hundreds pay to subscribe to.

There's plenty about Thai village life there, too, as well as my stewardship of two Thai girls who are going to have the opportunity for a better life, hell or high water.

https://FreeTheAnimal.com