News Forum - Chiang Mai hailstorm brings down power poles and billboards

Thaiger

A hailstorm in Chiang Mai brought down power poles and billboards yesterday. Hailstones were reportedly the size of baht coins. According to Matichon, the entire downtown area was covered with hailstones as rain continued to fall. The strong winds started around 3:30 pm, followed by a downpour of hailstones and rain, and then another wave …

The story Chiang Mai hailstorm brings down power poles and billboards as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It neatly summarises all that Prayuth has done in the past eight years. He visited CM yesterday and as usual cowered somewhere far away from the people but congratulations to the lady who gave him a bunch of dead flowers and told him it symbolised all he has done! After nearly 20 hours we still do not have any internet service nor any television, but having spent the morning sweeping up debris and picking up overturned pot plants etc I am now retreating with a glass or two of wine, happy in the knowledge that my sh*tty day is far less so than that of the esteemed old crooner and coup leader who graced our fair city yesterday.

8 minutes ago, Pompies said:

It neatly summarises all that Prayuth has done in the past eight years. He visited CM yesterday and as usual cowered somewhere far away from the people but congratulations to the lady who gave him a bunch of dead flowers and told him it symbolised all he has done! After nearly 20 hours we still do not have any internet service nor any television, but having spent the morning sweeping up debris and picking up overturned pot plants etc I am now retreating with a glass or two of wine, happy in the knowledge that my sh*tty day is far less so than that of the esteemed old crooner and coup leader who graced our fair city yesterday.

Well, you’d better strap yourself in because there’s more on the way.

39 minutes ago, Pompies said:

After nearly 20 hours we still do not have any internet service nor any television, but having spent the morning sweeping up debris and picking up overturned pot plants etc I am now retreating with a glass or two of wine, happy in the knowledge that my sh*tty day is far less so than that of the esteemed old crooner and coup leader who graced our fair city yesterday.

At least the storm blew the smoke away 😉

Blue sky may last a few more hours ....

Well the news my wife told me is that more rain from a storm system is on its way for the 20th - 24th. So even if that is 1/2 correct then we will have nice air and weather once again. Now if it is a cool storm then CM is just very enjoyable right now as the traffic is low since schools are out and the major group herds from China still a now show.