New Penalties Sharing News Regardless of Validity

ChristyS

Uh oh...  Guess they're coming for me  and my disclosures on CrapOVac lack of efficacy and private hospital Moderna vaccine profiteering in Phuket 

07 13 2021  Prachatai English -  "Beside curfews and lockdowns [sic] in many locations, the 27th regulation under the Emergency Decree also imposes a 2-year jail sentence and/or a fine of up to 40,000 baht for anyone who spreads information or news that causes public fear or affects national security... 

"“The presentation of news or dissemination of books, printed matter or other media containing information that may cause fear among the people, or with the intention to distort information or news to cause misunderstanding under the state of emergency in such a way that affects national security or public order or the good morals of the people throughout the kingdom is an offence.”

https://prachatai.com/english/node/9339

Well in other words we the Thai government will suppress anyone using social media to attack us. In the west it's what we call a Gagging Order. Your civil rights and Freedom of Speach will be Suppressed. I can see this Military Government closing down all social media platforms. As they now realize the population has turned on them. 

Edited by vlad
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, vlad said:

Well in other words we the Thai government will suppress anyone using social media to attack us. In the west it's what we call a Gagging Order. Your civil rights and Freedom of Speach will be Suppressed. I can see this Military Government closing down all social media platforms. As they now realize the population has turned on them. 

Absolutely. In the past they got away with just shooting them re the massacres of 1973, 1976,1992, 2010. But now whatever they do is live on social media so the only way they can stop the world seeing that is by following there friends example in Myanmar. But will it work, don't think so with so many sat links not under government control

• 2 weeks later...

If they even think of shutting down Facebook, Twitter & other social media they would have hoards at their doors that no army could protect them from, can you imagine this country with no internet access ??? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golden-Triangle said:

If they even think of shutting down Facebook, Twitter & other social media they would have hoards at their doors that no army could protect them from, can you imagine this country with no internet access ??? 

Yes I can imagine it as it would replicate Burma with daily massacres and remember, killing innocent Thai people is something these goons have done in the past 

Yeah, I was in Ding Daeng BKK in 2010, the smell of CS was in the air & gunshots  & rubber bullets were familiar sounds ( I've done Northern Ireland so I know) got a taxi with a couple of Thai female friends to Hua Lamphong railway station for the 06.15 a.m. train to Kanchanaburi, wild days ?