News Forum - Thai officials look to food trucks to draw tourists

Thaiger

Thai officials are looking to food trucks to draw tourists. The Department of Business Development (DBD) in Thailand is exploring the potential of food trucks as a new tourist attraction in the country. According to Thosapone Dansuputra, the director-general of DBD, food trucks could serve as “destinations” that will not only stimulate the economy but …

The story Thai officials look to food trucks to draw tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Food truck tourism is the latest idea in Thailand’s tourism efforts." 

It appears the incredible lack of critical thinking skills that has been the hallmark of the Tourism Authority of Thailand in creating schemes to draw tourists to the Kingdom is spreading through other agencies.

Yep, those high-income, high-quality tourists are going to think, "Food trucks!  Yeah, let's go to Thailand!"

Amazing Thailand

• Haha 3

Yeah, it's called STREET FOOD. Thailand almost invented this. Why would anyone go to a food truck when there are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of equivalent food outlets in every town.

Significant lack of critical analytical skills of you ask me.

• Like 1

I found a place that makes great khao man gai.

Gee , it was here yesterday.

I can't imagine how it disappeared so quickly.

A truck will furnish tables and stools ?  

This will surely work.

Edited by Naanlaew

12 hours ago, MrStretch said:

"Food truck tourism is the latest idea in Thailand’s tourism efforts." 

It appears the incredible lack of critical thinking skills that has been the hallmark of the Tourism Authority of Thailand in creating schemes to draw tourists to the Kingdom is spreading through other agencies.

Yep, those high-income, high-quality tourists are going to think, "Food trucks!  Yeah, let's go to Thailand!"

Amazing Thailand

I love how people ignore that fact that Thailand draws some of the most amount of tourists in the world 

And certainly the most in their region 

Have to be doing something right 

11 hours ago, VTPete said:

Yeah, it's called STREET FOOD. Thailand almost invented this. Why would anyone go to a food truck when there are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of equivalent food outlets in every town.

Significant lack of critical analytical skills of you ask me.

Or you could say a significant lack of understanding by you of what so we may like

Yes stretch Food is awesome

But it is also disappearing 

Often times "Food trucks" are more like "Food alleys" or "food parks"

We just went to one 2 nights ago when a bunch of food trucks park in an area to make it a sort of beer garden feel

I don't think food trucks will lure any tourists 

I agree with you

But they may increase their enjoyment when they go and make them want to come back

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I love how people ignore that fact that Thailand draws some of the most amount of tourists in the world 

And certainly the most in their region 

Have to be doing something right 

Tourism in Thailand is largely immune to the meddling of government. There really aren’t any policies they implement, that will significantly increase the number of tourists as we have witnessed with recent attempts to attract wealthy tourists and stoners.

People come to Thailand for the reasons they have always come to Thailand, great weather, beaches and mountains, food and local people. These assets attract far more visitors than any government policy. They can however sabotage tourism, as they did earlier this year when they bungled the Covid screening policies for all in bound tourists.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

Tourism in Thailand is largely immune to the meddling of government. There really aren’t any policies they implement, that will significantly increase the number of tourists as we have witnessed with recent attempts to attract wealthy tourists and stoners.

People come to Thailand for the reasons they have always come to Thailand, great weather, beaches and mountains, food and local people. These assets attract far more visitors than any government policy. They can however sabotage tourism, as they did earlier this year when they bungled the Covid screening policies for all in bound tourists.

Yeah they really "sabotaged tourism"

I just was there for 23 days

Every single place I went was jamming with tourists

24 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Yeah they really "sabotaged tourism"

I just was there for 23 days

Every single place I went was jamming with tourists

That they made an embarrassing about face days later, is all you need to know.

7 hours ago, Khunmark said:

That they made an embarrassing about face days later, is all you need to know.

But go back and read all the posts this year on how Thailand screwed up and tourism wouldn't bounce back

There were hundreds of them, gleeful almost 

Because so many have this bizarre weird love/obsession with the place

Yet it bounced back with ease

But probably more for what you said above, it's almost foolproof 

Nothing that TAT did

And believe me, people have a good time

Just being on the plane hearing everyone around me explaining their trip to their seatmate