2 Bangkok hospitals allowing foreigners to register for Covid-19 vaccination

Thaiger

Following the decommissioning of the bug-ridden Thailandintervac.com website, expats in Thailand were left with no way of registering for Covid-19 vaccination. However, according to a Nation Thailand report, 2 Bangkok hospitals are now accepting direct registrations from certain priority groups of foreigners. The Phyathai 2 and Samitivej Sukhumvit hospitals are open for registration and accepting applications from foreign residents over the age of 60 or who have underlying health conditions that put them at greater risk. The health conditions that qualify are severe chronic respiratory disease, coronary artery disease, stage 5 kidney disease, cancer patients receiving chemotherapy, cerebrovascular disease, diabetes, […]

The post 2 Bangkok hospitals allowing foreigners to register for Covid-19 vaccination appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Maya is leaving out some very crucial information in her attempt at being a reporter as Samitivej Sukhumvit are not again accepting registrations until August and Phyathai 2 hospital is only allowing 100 registrations per day for 5 days.

Tried to register for a vaccine appointment at Phayathai 2 hospital this morning at 9:00 am. After completing and submitting the form the website informed;  “This form is no longer accepting responses, and has been set to automatically closed (sic) by the system.”  Frustrating. 

• Haha 1

I've tried to register everyday and been unsuccessful each time. The lack of opportunity to register and vaccinate as a foreigner is frustrating and the ongoing continual changes to registration and available vaccine locations makes this farcical.

And prey tell are they guaranteeing the quantities of vaccines that will be available and from which date they will commence vaccinations ?

Posted 1 hour ago

I've tried to register everyday and been unsuccessful each time also for both hospitals so it makes you wonder if people are jumping the queue by paying an official at these hospitals to get the vaccine and this registration process is just a front to make it all look like it is legit. 

I wish your reporter could look more deeply into this story since it appears they can not keep up with the ever-changing procedures and the likely-hood of actually being able to register for a vaccine. Foreigners are obviously frustrated since they can not sign on to the site and our hopes are dashed each time there is a new procedure introduced. 

3 hours ago, Ldiablo22 said:

Maya is leaving out some very crucial information in her attempt at being a reporter as Samitivej Sukhumvit are not again accepting registrations until August and Phyathai 2 hospital is only allowing 100 registrations per day for 5 days.

Not just leaving some out, but adding some ideas and suggestions of her own that aren't in the original source report or anywhere else.

Is she talking about government vaccines, previously registered for on the Intervac site, or Moderna to be pre-booked and paid for?

Or is she confusing the two, coming up with "news" that's wildly misleading and inaccurate?

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

The lack of opportunity to register and vaccinate as a foreigner is frustrating and the ongoing continual changes to registration and available vaccine locations makes this farcical.

Do you think it's any better for Thais?

Elsewhere @billybob wrote that "... my 24 year old niece dancer at Phuket Fantasea has been double jabbed whereas my two eldest over 70 year old sister-in-laws in Bangkok still haven't had one and have been knocked back for a third time today".

It's an unforgivable shambles and a sh1tshow, but it's a sh1tshow for everyone.

That doesn't make it any more acceptable , but let's stop with the idea that Thais are being treated any better and farangs any worse.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Do you think it's any better for Thais?

Elsewhere @billybob wrote that "... my 24 year old niece dancer at Phuket Fantasea has been double jabbed whereas my two eldest over 70 year old sister-in-laws in Bangkok still haven't had one and have been knocked back for a third time today".

It's an unforgivable shambles and a sh1tshow, but it's a sh1tshow for everyone.

That doesn't make it any more acceptable , but let's stop with the idea that Thais are being treated any better and farangs any worse.

I must have missed the part of my post where I stated that Thais are treated better than foreigners, so lets stop with the idea that you can take my posts out of context shall we. My wife has had her registration cancelled as well and she isn't overly impressed with her treatment either, that doesn't stop me feeling appalled at the way this is being managed for foreigners.

4 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I've tried to register everyday and been unsuccessful each time. The lack of opportunity to register and vaccinate as a foreigner is frustrating and the ongoing continual changes to registration and available vaccine locations makes this farcical.

Yes I have the same experience. I assume that the 100 per day quota is used up very quickly but I have no option other than to keep trying. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

I must have missed the part of my post where I stated that Thais are treated better than foreigners, so lets stop with the idea that you can take my posts out of context shall we. My wife has had her registration cancelled as well and she isn't overly impressed with her treatment either, that doesn't stop me feeling appalled at the way this is being managed for foreigners.

I think it’s tough for everyone. I looked into booking Moderna vaccine at a private hospital but didn’t like the idea of paying up front and not having any idea when I would be able to be vaccinated. Consequently I decided to try the free government supplied vaccine route. Unsuccessful so far but no harm in trying! ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

I think it’s tough for everyone. I looked into booking Moderna vaccine at a private hospital but didn’t like the idea of paying up front and not having any idea when I would be able to be vaccinated. Consequently I decided to try the free government supplied vaccine route. Unsuccessful so far but no harm in trying! ?

Steve can you please advise which hospitals will do vaccine privately as it seems this is the quickest way to get the damn jabs by paying.

6 minutes ago, Hellmaker said:

Steve can you please advise which hospitals will do vaccine privately as it seems this is the quickest way to get the damn jabs by paying.

Bumrungrad is one but I found other hospitals offering it last week also. Try Google 

7 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Bumrungrad is one but I found other hospitals offering it last week also. Try Google 

I have just checked and found that Bumrungrad has already sold out of its allocation. Thonburi hospital group has also sold out. It seems that my information is out of date. Sorry for that

2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Let's not, unless you think that foreigners in Thailand should be treated better than Thais.

If that's not what you're saying, then why single out "foreigners" as you did?

Twice.

The clear reality is that it's being appallingly badly managed for everyone, not just " for foreigners".

I'm a foreigner, so I am referring to the registration processes and quotas available to foreigners hence why I refer to foreigners and not Thais and not "us" as a collective. I'm sure Thai's can and do speak for themselves because their registration process and vaccination allocations differ to the foreigner quotas and methodologies. As I said, stop trying to put words in other peoples mouths when you are clearly incapable of understanding the narrative.

1 hour ago, Hellmaker said:

I think you'll find the complete list as follows, @Hellmaker:

Sorry for being facetious but as an example, in my province of 650,000 there were 2,500 doses available in total and most were taken up by hospital staff who pre-booked the pre-booking to get a booster dose.  Even if they hadn't done so, that wouldn't have been enough for even 0.5% of the adult population.

5 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

I'm a foreigner, so I am referring to the registration processes and quotas available to foreigners hence why I refer to foreigners and not Thais and not "us" as a collective. ...(snip) .... As I said, stop trying to put words in other peoples mouths when you are clearly incapable of understanding the narrative.

I've no need to put words in your mouth or anyone else's - you're the one who said what you did then repeated it.

8 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

I'm sure Thai's can and do speak for themselves because their registration process and vaccination allocations differ to the foreigner quotas and methodologies.

That's not correct. 

Some of the "registration process" differed previously and still differs, but the "quotas" and  "allocations" are now first by province, then, following the latest change, by age and medical conditions, not to "Thais" or "foreigners".

There is no state "allocation" or "quota" to Thais or foreigners.  What you're referring to simply doesn't exist.

Try to register at 7 hospitals in Chiang rai only bangkok hospital answered we do not have vaccine yet check out the website for updates... insane... only bangkok and that is even going bad.. what about the rest of the country because bangkok only goes more worse and they got all the vaccine, start with provinces where is almost no covid, because many people travel to bangkok and bangkok is anyway doomed, why wait until it is everywhere on Thailand,  poorly done and badly done

1 minute ago, Hellmaker said:

I need to know where I can buy the vaccine as seems got no chance of getting the free ones.

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I was trying to be a bit light-hearted.

At the moment you can't, at least in Thailand, it's that simple - none are available or even fully ordered.

Some are due in October, but they're already over-subscribed with long waiting lists, and the next order will probably arrive some time next year.

12 minutes ago, Paco said:

Try to register at 7 hospitals in Chiang rai only bangkok hospital answered we do not have vaccine yet check out the website for updates... insane... only bangkok and that is even going bad.. what about the rest of the country because bangkok only goes more worse and they got all the vaccine, start with provinces where is almost no covid, because many people travel to bangkok and bangkok is anyway doomed, why wait until it is everywhere on Thailand,  poorly done and badly done

The nearest to you was Lanna Hospital in Chiang Mai.  Fully booked.

7 hours ago, Hellmaker said:

I've tried to register everyday and been unsuccessful each time also for both hospitals so it makes you wonder if people are jumping the queue by paying an official at these hospitals to get the vaccine and this registration process is just a front to make it all look like it is legit. 

I registered at Phyathai. I have an appointment next week. I didn't pay anything.

But I heard they have only 100 a day. And probably thousands and thousands are trying to get it.

Screw the private profiteering hospitals and double screw Prayut's especially incompetent governance, start agitating at your embassy via FB,  twitter, email,  telephone ( almost impossible to get through by phone to USA Embassy unless you use an emergency line - do it anyway..)  and your representatives and leaders  back home. Tell them to #VaccinateTheHumans