News Forum - What 10 million dollars buys you for a property in Phuket, Bangkok, Koh Samui, Pattaya and Hua Hin

Thaiger

Are you curious to know what kind of luxury you can expect from a 10 million dollar property in Thailand’s most desirable locations? Our team has conducted extensive research on the property markets in Phuket, Bangkok, Koh Samui, Pattaya, and Hua Hin to bring you a comprehensive guide to the most exclusive and breathtaking homes …

The story What 10 million dollars buys you for a property in Phuket, Bangkok, Koh Samui, Pattaya and Hua Hin as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Are you curious to know what kind of luxury you can expect from a 10 million dollar property in Thailand’s most desirable locations?

NO. Hopefully not that stupid to "invest" that sort of money in Thailand.

But if they find one or two who will spend this sort of money, I have some fantastic investment schemes.

....in Thailand’s most desirable locations?

Phuket, Bangkok, Koh Samui, Pattaya and Hua Hin are the least desirable locations in Thailand.

honestly, someone who wanna and can buy a property for 10 million bucks, why should he do that in Thailand? You do that there, where you OWN ground and house after. Ok, perhaps Russians, right now, are interested, but sane people? Even if I wanted to invest 10 million and stay in Thailand, I would invest it somewhere else (Singapore?) And rent in Thailand!

2 hours ago, Manu said:

Phuket, Bangkok, Koh Samui, Pattaya and Hua Hin are the least desirable locations in Thailand.

There is a 10mil project in Phuket

Not super far from the airport 

Now I wouldn't spend 10mil in Thailand 

But others who have 100's of mils may do so

And the places were gorgeous and in a quiet location with only 10-15 drive to beach 

I was just in Phuket 

Patong is hell 

We stay in Kamala

Which I think has the best beach life in Thailand 

But you definitely run into some nasty Thais there and the closer you get to Patong 

(But run into 10x more nice Thais as well)

I'd never live in Hua Hin because the traffic is horrible 

I could definitely live in certain parts of Samui

Bangkok I could move to tomorrow and be happy 

2 hours ago, Manu said:

Property prices say otherwise. 

What would you say are the most desirable places? 🤔🤔️ 

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

There is a 10mil project in Phuket

Not super far from the airport 

Now I wouldn't spend 10mil in Thailand 

But others who have 100's of mils may do so

And the places were gorgeous and in a quiet location with only 10-15 drive to beach 

I was just in Phuket 

Patong is hell 

We stay in Kamala

Which I think has the best beach life in Thailand 

But you definitely run into some nasty Thais there and the closer you get to Patong 

(But run into 10x more nice Thais as well)

I'd never live in Hua Hin because the traffic is horrible 

I could definitely live in certain parts of Samui

Bangkok I could move to tomorrow and be happy 

I'd be in Hua Hin every day when I'm in Thailand although actually based closer to Pran Buri. I don't find the traffic that much of an issue personally. But the main drag can get busy at certain times of the day. 

One thing that will make a difference is when the 2nd road running parallel to the railway line is completed in a couple of years. 

10 million dollars for a 30 year lease? I am happy to be corrected, but that is my understanding of the nearest a foreigner can come to owning property in Thailand.

17 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I'd be in Hua Hin every day when I'm in Thailand although actually based closer to Pran Buri. I don't find the traffic that much of an issue personally. But the main drag can get busy at certain times of the day. 

One thing that will make a difference is when the 2nd road running parallel to the railway line is completed in a couple of years. 

That's what I was talking about the maim rd and that road now parallel to the train tracks

We rented a villa up in the mountain and the traffic made me not want to head down

But one thing about living there as a retired person, is that you may not go out to these busy areas much

I mean all of these places 

I was just in Kamala

Like I said above

Phuket can be very congested

But if I lived in Kamala

I'd go down the strip on the beach on my motorbike and around the village 

Same with Samui

Where I stayed last time, I could easily live there and not leave that area much 

I think these places are much different as an expat than a tourist out and about every day

45 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Huh? Can you be more specific please? 

The way I put it always

If you are where you want to be in Phuket it can be fantastic 

But if you want to go from one part to another there can be tons of traffic

As my wife famously put it once when we flew to Phuket from Samui

On the taxi into Patong she said "Phuket make me lose my relax" 5555

But as I said above, and you would know this more than most

As an expat living there you are living a normal life opposed to a holidayer going out every night

We were just in Kamala for 5 days

It's a place I will spend extended time when I'm retired

I envision heading to happy hour on the strip of restaurants on the beach

And going around the village on my MB

So any "congestion" won't really come into play for me when staying there for a longer period