News Forum - Fast-food lovers will be lovin’ McDonald’s latest 300 million baht investment plan in Thailand

Thaiger

Fast-food lovers will be lovin’ the latest news that McThai Co., the operator of McDonald’s restaurants in Thailand, just announced a massive 300 million baht investment plan that will bring more McDonald’s outlets to the country. The company has upgraded its original plan from 200 million baht after seeing a rise in consumption and the …

The story Fast-food lovers will be lovin’ McDonald’s latest 300 million baht investment plan in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Burger King seems to have made a massive push into the local market 

Seen them all over the road in local areas

And yes, there are plenty of Thais that aren't poor

But still can't see how BK can do well with their prices so high in areas where a lot of people can't afford it 

• Like 2

I seriously doubt it will change the operation of the outlets.

Here, in Hat Yai, the definition of 'fast food' is hurry up and wait.  I've never been to a McD's here that actually delivered 'fast food'.

29 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I seriously doubt it will change the operation of the outlets.

Here, in Hat Yai, the definition of 'fast food' is hurry up and wait.  I've never been to a McD's here that actually delivered 'fast food'.

I actually think that's a good thing

I have, or used to have, one trip to Burger King on my trips

It was usually when flying home in DMK

And I actually found it BK in Thailand quite good because they cook it when ordered and take their time preparing it

I never understood the popularity of Macca's as a real home-made beef burger is so much better in all respects, and Thailand BK and MD's are very expensive.   BK I may have once every 2 or 3 years ... takes that long to forget the spray-on chargrill flavour that lingers long after.

KFC original wings are good, otherwise you can't beat a 7-11 freezer Ezy-meal or 2.

22 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Burger King seems to have made a massive push into the local market 

Seen them all over the road in local areas

And yes, there are plenty of Thais that aren't poor

But still can't see how BK can do well with their prices so high in areas where a lot of people can't afford it 

That is not just Thailand - I have noticed in the UK that outlets from the likes of McDonalds and Burger King are at least as numerous in so called deprived areas where, so we are told, a large percentage live in poverty. 

14 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

That is not just Thailand - I have noticed in the UK that outlets from the likes of McDonalds and Burger King are at least as numerous in so called deprived areas where, so we are told, a large percentage live in poverty. 

The difference is poor people in the UK/US will still blow their money on fast food

Poor Thais won't

Another point

The middle class Thais that can afford a meal will go more upmarket than fast food

Our house is near Central Westgate 

So many restaurants like Japanese and Korean that aren't cheap

And they were all packed with Thais