News Forum - 3 Thai transwomen attacked by group of taxi drivers near Soi Cowboy

Thaiger

Three Thai transwomen reported they were attacked by a gang of taxi drivers near the popular nightlife spot, Soi Cowboy, in Bangkok at 4am on Tuesday, February 28. The victims also claimed that Thong Lor Police ignored their pleas for justice because they were transgender. One of the victims, 24 year old Watchaya, spoke to …

The story 3 Thai transwomen attacked by group of taxi drivers near Soi Cowboy as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That innocent bump on the dance floor, which (apparently) started the whole thing, may not have been so innocent, hence the farang's response, and he was annoyed enough to continue with them the next day.

Hard to say of course.  Farang numba 1 could have a weed up his bumm about lady boys in general - not unheard of.   It's also not unheard of for lady boys on the hunt in pay for play farang bar areas, can get aggressive/competitive, and make pests of themselves.

I'd hazard a further guess that the offending taxi driver may work that area, and had this lot sussed out already.

Edited by TWS60

On 3/3/2023 at 6:33 AM, Ramanathan.P said:

Most of the times, the stories are incomplete which fails to give a clear picture....

Oh, I think, it is  clear.

The ladyboy/man did throw a shoe and hit a taxi.

And s/he wasn't alone, so the taxi driver ganged up, too.

Both are agressive in groups, as we know.

I'd say, that is a result go expect.

Or do you mean, while they  bumped "accidently" into the foreign man, they had the hands in his pockets and at his gold necklace?

• Like 1

What amuses yet saddens me, is the victim mentality on display, hiding being the idea they were somehow victims, just because they are 'ladyboys'. It's that sort of mentality I want to get away from, and sad to see it reach Thailand, where thoughts on this and tangentially related issues, like gender roles and sexuality, have always been more rational

57 minutes ago, socal said:

These threads are incomplete without pictures 

Watch the video, although I don't know why you are so interested in  such sordid events.

10 hours ago, Vigo said:

Watch the video, although I don't know why you are so interested in  such sordid events.

Says the guy who went through the trouble of finding the video 🙂 

It's hard to turn away from these train wrecks

On 3/4/2023 at 11:14 PM, socal said:

Says the guy who went through the trouble of finding the video 🙂 

It's hard to turn away from these train wrecks

video was linked to the article. Read the article and see the video at the same time.