News Forum - Ladyboy steals English tourist’s gold necklace in Phuket

Thaiger

Police managed to reunite an English tourist with his gold necklace after it was snatched by a ladyboy in the Patong area of Phuket, southern Thailand, in the early hours of this morning. At 4.30am, officers at Patong Police Station were informed that a tourist’s gold necklace was stolen in front of the Central Department …

The story Ladyboy steals English tourist’s gold necklace in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just wondering how can a person simply reach to the gold chain when that guy is wearing a full round neck collared t-shirt. Unless there is some close romantic encountes between the two, there is no way a peson can simply reach to the neck of another person. 

21 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Just wondering how can a person simply reach to the gold chain when that guy is wearing a full round neck collared t-shirt. Unless there is some close romantic encountes between the two, there is no way a peson can simply reach to the neck of another person. 

Hugger-mugging is the usual MO for the ladyboys - they loom out of the shadows, give you a big hug, and grab what they can while you are trying to remove them. Putting their arm through yours while trying to get to your pockets for a lucky dip is another one - I have experienced this a couple of times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Putting their arm through yours while trying to get to your pockets for a lucky dip is another one - I have experienced this a couple of times. 

OMG. Say it isn’t so!
Yeah they are mischievous buggers. Only once over 20 sone odd years ago I was sandwiched by two of them while waking in Washington Square and they got my mobile phone. Never ever let them get close to me from that time on. 

18 minutes ago, Naanlaew said:

Washington Square was a convenient shortcut. 

Used to be a good Isaan restaurant  in there close to 22.

Yeah, it was many things back in the day. 

I used to go for walks down ladyboy lane there on beach road at 3 am just as a stunt. Just to see if I could make it to the other side relatively intact 

On 3/2/2023 at 6:14 AM, HolyCowCm said:

Only once over 20 odd years ago I was sandwiched by two of them 

I hope you enjoyed it.

First story of that sort this week. So I guess the only necklace stolen in the whole of Thailand this week is this perticular story. Poor Thaiger. There are over 300 000 Kathoeys in Thailand, it bent to be a few bad apples in that large groupe of people like any others. And what a surprise that those bad apples happened to live in the most nasty places of the country like Patong, along with the other drug dealers / addicts, drunks, scammers, scums, prostitutes, thefts, hustlers and others that you find in large numbers in those places. Very very poor Thaiger indeed.

55 minutes ago, socal said:

I used to go for walks down ladyboy lane there on beach road at 3 am just as a stunt. Just to see if I could make it to the other side relatively intact 

Great name for it: Ladyboy Lane.

48 minutes ago, socal said:

I hope you enjoyed it.

No satisfaction except the horror of losing your phone. Only thing erect was that we were all walking.

• Haha 1