News Forum - Motorbike crash kills Phuket man

Thaiger

A motorbike crash killed a Phuket man in the early hours of this morning, while another two people were left injured. The fatal crash happened at 3am on Sri Soonthorn Road, in the Cherng Talay area of the Thalang district. Rescuers arrived on the scene to find the body of 51 year old motorbike rider …

The story Motorbike crash kills Phuket man as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I am pretty sure that the fatality is caused by head injury and the rider is not wearing any safety helmet. 

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A motorbike crash killed a Phuket man ….. Thailand was ranked the second most dangerous country to drive in according to a driver’s educational platform. There were 21,052 accidents in 2020, and 11,138 accidents in 2021. About 20% of accidents involved motorcycles, while 8% involved six-wheel trucks, and 8% involved trucks with at least 10 wheels.

And Thaiger still peddles this Fake Data without providing any information to bake this claim up.

Latest I have seen well and above the about 20% ….

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40023780
Statistics show that more than half of the accidents (55.9%) involved motorbikes.

To me these even seem low. I would have tried to wade through the RSC site, but couldn’t be bothered translating it.

everyday l see big bikes dangerously being driven, you can even hire big bike without a driving license ? so more fatalities on the road and nothing being done to stop this madness

it is a scandal that nothing is done to limit the speed on phuket roads , particularly for big bikes  whom many drivers use the road as a speed track and small with tampered motors and no lights , both being one of the main polution in Phuket , the bikes  noise .