News Forum - UK YouTuber’s video on Thai boy racers praised by netizens

Thaiger

Thai netizens hailed UK YouTuber JimmyTheGiant for his documentary-style video “Thailand’s Most Hated Subculture,” which sheds light on the persistent issue of boy racers in the kingdom. Many have called on Thai authorities to take the issue seriously and sort it out. The term “Dek Waen” is used to describe teenage boy racers who ride motorcycles or …

The story UK YouTuber’s video on Thai boy racers praised by netizens as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

“I am Thai and face this problem every day because most children are poor and do not have a good education and lack family training. As a result, they cause problems for society and most of the consequences come from poor governance.”

This says it all...

15 minutes ago, Skip said:

“I am Thai and face this problem every day because most children are poor and do not have a good education and lack family training. As a result, they cause problems for society and most of the consequences come from poor governance.”

This says it all...

Oh yes. Boys don't have fun anywhere else. Its all "educated" out of them elsewhere. Yeah.

When I see youngsters with their cars or motorbikes anywhere, I smile inside, knowing how much fun they are having

3 hours ago, socal said:

Oh yes. Boys don't have fun anywhere else. Its all "educated" out of them elsewhere. Yeah.

When I see youngsters with their cars or motorbikes anywhere, I smile inside, knowing how much fun they are having

I believe you from Canada?

I know in Vancouver you don't see people racing through the streets like you do here in Thailand 

Sure one or two jerks

But you see it at least 10-15x a day here in Thailand 

On 3/3/2023 at 7:34 AM, socal said:

You need to google "irony"

On 3/2/2023 at 10:05 AM, Thaiger said:

Thai netizens hailed UK YouTuber JimmyTheGiant for his documentary-style video “Thailand’s Most Hated Subculture,” which sheds light on the persistent issue of boy racers in the kingdom. Many have called on Thai authorities to take the issue seriously and sort it out. The term “Dek Waen” is used to describe teenage boy racers who ride motorcycles or …

The story UK YouTuber’s video on Thai boy racers praised by netizens as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Boys will be Boys.

Of course they race because the risk of being caught by the RTP is low. I hear Motocy racers scream past my condo in Bangkok regularly nearly every night and some are clearly red lining the motors. They are a danger to themselves and also to anyone else on the roads.