News Forum - Netflix subscription fees cut to outmanoeuvres rivals

Thaiger

Streaming giant Netflix has cut subscription prices by up to 60% in over 30 countries, including Thailand. Netflix subscription fees are seen as too high amid serious competition. The move to cut prices could boost growth. Why do Netflix subscription fees matter? While streaming services such as Apple TV+ and Disney+, have decided to hike …

The story Netflix subscription fees cut to outmanoeuvres rivals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 hours ago, Skip said:

I'm in Thailand... nothing yet!!!

Are you subscribing as a user in Thailand?

I am still using my UK Netflix account while being here in Thailand.

I will look into seeing if it is cheaper to cancel and resubscribe via a Thai account. 

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

Are you subscribing as a user in Thailand?

I am still using my UK Netflix account while being here in Thailand.

I will look into seeing if it is cheaper to cancel and resubscribe via a Thai account. 

James are you aware that due to licensing laws that you won't have as much choice in Thailand as you would have in the UK or the US.

Users of Netflix and other TV streaming platforms will be aware that thanks to licensing issues, their libraries can differ widely depending on which country they are in. But can one country’s library be considered the best? We compiled the libraries of 32 countries to get an idea of how they compare.

https://www.finder.com/uk/netflix-uk-vs-world-content

10 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

James are you aware that due to licensing laws that you won't have as much choice in Thailand as you would have in the UK or the US.

Users of Netflix and other TV streaming platforms will be aware that thanks to licensing issues, their libraries can differ widely depending on which country they are in. But can one country’s library be considered the best? We compiled the libraries of 32 countries to get an idea of how they compare.

https://www.finder.com/uk/netflix-uk-vs-world-content

Thanks, I will have a look at your link to see the differences. 👍

I did notice if I use Netflix on my wall TV connected to wifi some of the films are not available as they are when I connect to Netflix via my Apple computer and a VPN connected virtually to the UK.

I have an Apple TV box, I will see if I can connect that to my computer/TV to see if I can then access UK content on my TV.

• Like 1

I’m not 100% sure, but I think it’s where you login to your account from or use your account, rather than where you purchase your subscription that determines what is available to view. This is why using the VPN will “fool” Netflix in to offering you U.K. content even while watching in Thailand. 

It’s also a few pounds a month already to purchase a Netflix account in Thailand 

A319D4D1-654A-46D0-8572-6DA120E1605E.jpeg

85EE8271-4B33-4473-89B6-46A0CB3FDB05.jpeg

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

I’m not 100% sure, but I think it’s where you login to your account from or use your account, rather than where you purchase your subscription that determines what is available to view. This is why using the VPN will “fool” Netflix in to offering you U.K. content even while watching in Thailand. 

It’s also a few pounds a month already to purchase a Netflix account in Thailand 

A319D4D1-654A-46D0-8572-6DA120E1605E.jpeg

85EE8271-4B33-4473-89B6-46A0CB3FDB05.jpeg

Thanks for the info.

Yes, the content is based on where the VPN is fooling the system, with no VPN I get a lot more Thai content, I will try pretending to be in various countries and see what the difference is re content.

The information on the price you provided is useful as there is a big saving on having an account here rather than in the UK, I will look into switching it or canceling the UK account as I like it when I get a 'bargain'.

I like the idea of saving a few quid here and there as it all adds up, I will still let the cashier at Makro charge me an extra two quid though (joke).

• Haha 1