News Forum - Romance scam: Dutchman files 4 million baht lawsuit against Thai ex-girlfriend

Thaiger

In another romance scam case, a Dutchman is trying to get 4 million baht from his former girlfriend, a woman from Sakhon Nakhon province in northeast Thailand, who he says deceived him into sending her millions for land and a house before abandoning him. The Thai woman says it’s the Dutchman who is in the …

The story Romance scam: Dutchman files 4 million baht lawsuit against Thai ex-girlfriend as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ha..ha..haaa....Most of the Thai girls on the dating website are only looking for Westerners as it is easy to milk those men. Even after reading many stories in the media an internet, why can't these men come to their senses. You give anything to Thai girls it is like the "wood apple" that is swallowed by the elephant. Only the shell will be left in the elephant droppings. But nothing inside the wood apple. It will be empty. She is smart by allowing you to taste her few times and you are attracted like the fly towards the blue electric light to kill yourself. Good luck to you mate. Let this be a lesson for all those who are planning for their future with Thai girls who are only looking for money and not mate. 

• Like 3

Here is one I recently know of

A girl in my wife's village has been married to a nice German guy for about 10 years.

But he's one of those guys who was a bit gullible with his wife

Covering gambling debts(never do so for even 1000 baht)

Etc

They built a house for 4mil baht

It's "their" house

They live in Germany and visit often 

Her more than him

She just sold it, without consulting him, for 2mil baht

Probably to cover gambling debts 

And this mutt is still with her 

She just cost him 2mil baht 

So it's not just guys getting scammed by newly met Thai girls 

A lot of married guys allow themselves to be walked over as well

• Like 3

The Thai woman says it’s the Dutchman who is in the wrong for starting a relationship with her when he was already married to another woman.

Even if true, that gives her the right to scam him for 4 million THB? What kind of twisted world view do some people, irrespective of nationality, have to even think of an excuse or justification like that?

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Here is one I recently know of

A girl in my wife's village has been married to a nice German guy for about 10 years.

But he's one of those guys who was a bit gullible with his wife

Covering gambling debts(never do so for even 1000 baht)

Etc

They built a house for 4mil baht

It's "their" house

They live in Germany and visit often 

Her more than him

She just sold it, without consulting him, for 2mil baht

Probably to cover gambling debts 

And this mutt is still with her 

She just cost him 2mil baht 

So it's not just guys getting scammed by newly met Thai girls 

A lot of married guys allow themselves to be walked over as well

A lot of married guys allow themselves to be walked over as well.......well it is because the guy's tap root is in in the tight grip of the woman. 

I hope this guy gets his money back, but chances are this money is long gone and you can’t get blood from a stone. I know of a French guy who just before Covid took his Thai GF of 4 years to court for a similar amount. He was awarded 3.8 million from the woman. Nearly 4 years on, he hasn’t had a single baht back. The condo she lives in is said to be her sisters  and the new Toyota Cross she drives is said to be on finance. So she has no assets and no income so can’t pay him. She claims the money she had has gone on gambling and living costs. 

It is amazing how men who wouldn’t loan their own kids £500 will happily send a Thai woman 20 years his junior, who he’s known for a year, but actually knows nothing about her £100,000 and think nothing of it 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I hope this guy gets his money back, but chances are this money is long gone and you can’t get blood from a stone. I know of a French guy who just before Covid took his Thai GF of 4 years to court for a similar amount. He was awarded 3.8 million from the woman. Nearly 4 years on, he hasn’t had a single baht back. The condo she lives in is said to be her sisters  and the new Toyota Cross she drives is said to be on finance. So she has no assets and no income so can’t pay him. She claims the money she had has gone on gambling and living costs. 

It is amazing how men who wouldn’t loan their own kids £500 will happily send a Thai woman 20 years his junior, who he’s known for a year, but actually knows nothing about her £100,000 and think nothing of it 

I think it's a combination of White Knight Syndrome and thinking of baht as monopoly money

But it's crazy

I've been with my wife 19 years and we just bought our 1st house in Nonthaburi 

And now just seriously looking for land in village 

She lived in Canada and I never saw a need to buy a house or land we use a few months/yr

Now nearing retirement I am willing to buy

Blows my mind these guys do it after a year or 2

• Like 1

One thing I said to my wife about these girls in her village who have had homes build for them

Then sell off later

None of them lived in them full time

It was overzealous farang trying to show off

So the girls never thought of it as a home

Only an asset to sell when they needed money 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

One thing I said to my wife about these girls in her village who have had homes build for them

Then sell off later

None of them lived in them full time

It was overzealous farang trying to show off

So the girls never thought of it as a home

Only an asset to sell when they needed money 

Yes I agree. I also find it hard to “blame” the girls. Many of them know hardship far more than most of us could imagine. When some guy comes along boasting what he earns and throwing his cash around, the temptation to take the opportunity must be very powerful. As in many cases the man is much older and hence should have a little more sense, then it’s hard not to say Som Nam Nar!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Ha..ha..haaa....Most of the Thai girls on the dating website are only looking for Westerners as it is easy to milk those men. Even after reading many stories in the media an internet, why can't these men come to their senses. You give anything to Thai girls it is like the "wood apple" that is swallowed by the elephant. Only the shell will be left in the elephant droppings. But nothing inside the wood apple. It will be empty. She is smart by allowing you to taste her few times and you are attracted like the fly towards the blue electric light to kill yourself. Good luck to you mate. Let this be a lesson for all those who are planning for their future with Thai girls who are only looking for money and not mate. 

Indeed, it's hard to find sympathy for these guys at this point given all the information on-line regarding western men seeking "love" in non-western countries.

• Like 2

Romance scammers target emotionally or intelligently retarded people, similar to how computer scammers target computer illiterate people.

It the scammers belong to an organization specifically targeting such potential victims, it's quite easy to argue why they should be found, prosecuted & punished (a few such organizations are a hazard to many people, so they're a danger to society).

But 1-on-1 as in this case? Hard to see how a court can designate a verbal/chatted promise to be a couple (essentially putting oneself into the offer) to be a legally binding contract. If she had promised some kind of refund in the case of breach of that "contract", that probably could be considered something worth prosecuting for. But as far as the article mentions, such a promise was only and marginally made afterwards. Her claim of breaking contact with the victim after finding out he's already married is a great one as it goes a long way to disprove premeditation (assuming it wasn't known early on).

If the victim were (an ordinary) Thai, the case would almost surely be hopeless. Being farlang, there's a bit more hope (for him), based on the good PR for Thailand that would result from a partial win (that actually plays a role, unfortunately). Personally, I think that he  may have been a victim of what some might call a "scam", but I'm not sure who to blame most for that happening.

"Blinded by "I love you too mut you know!", Peter sold his house and sent his morally and financially bankrupt teeruk lots of free money. In effect, this is his teeluk hitting the equivalent of the Thai lotto jackpot".   What could possibly go wrong?

"I met a woman via Thai Cupid" > translation> 

" I really believed in the quality of women from that site. It's the interwebz, you fool!  Ain't got no time or patience for old fashioned furphy like actually meeting  and talking  in person, being hyper-vigilant to any red-flags over the 3 month mark when cracks in offical stories tend to appear...    how was I to know, I  was playing my Barry White songs non-stop ! "Can't get enough of your love ,baby"  !    Hey, she was the one! In all of Thailand ! And the world!"                                                                                                                                                                 

OK, son, how long had you known her before sending the moolah?                                                             how much time, non bonking had you spent with her.. feet on the ground, in Thailand?  

----------------

There IS a silver lining to all this heartache and depressed bank balance though...

"Peter said that he will not be falling for a romance scam again. He says he knows that not all Thai people are bad people, and he’s not sure whether he is willing to date a Thai again."

Apparently Peter used to be undecided on the matter, but now he's not so sure.                               His head has been been doing some thinking lately and is likely to maintain the mountain of BS Guy Disney programming, the NRE ( New realtionship Energy) exclamations of lurvv, baby!             

He's on the mend, fellas.  Indications  are in a couple of clicks  he'll be unable to resist the force..and switch over to the dark side.   

He'll be ready to respond in kind to " I love you too mut, you know!"   

But this time, will he remember the Dutch version of " A fool and his money.." 

• Like 1

I’m reminded of the story the guy who wrote the book “Money Number 1” tells. 

He said, after a few years following the publication, he decided to see if there had been any change in attitude to money being number 1. So he embarked on a bit of face to face research in the Thai bar scene. To his surprise, the third girl he asks if she considered money to be number 1 replied,  no that’s not true. Surprised by this answer and sensing maybe Thai bar girl culture had moved on, he asked what was number one to her. She said that Farang are number 1. Why is that he enquired. She replied, because they have a lot of money! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’m reminded of the story the guy who wrote the book “Money Number 1” tells. 
He said, after a few years following the publication, he decided to see if there had been any change in attitude to money being number 1. So he embarked on a bit of face to face research in the Thai bar scene. To his surprise, the third girl he asks if she considered money to be number 1 replied,  no that’s not true. Surprised by this answer and sensing maybe Thai bar girl culture had moved on, he asked what was number one to her. She said that Farang are number 1. Why is that he enquired. She replied, because they have a lot of money! 

What a sweetheart for her honesty!  Thai logic 55

" Heyyy..at least I not booshit youu, OK! "    Jing jai maak na 💯😅

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Soidog said:

It is the tight grip between the thighs of the girl that makes him forget everything. As I always say men has 2 heads. But only one functions at a time. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

. Let this be a lesson for all those who are planning for their future with Thai girls

5555 been going on since the 1990's that I know of.  

Doubt it will ever stop as too easy for some guys to be duped.  

• Like 1