News Forum - Big Joke to visit America to discuss Thailand’s human trafficking ranking

Thaiger

Deputy National Police Chief General Surachate Hakparn, aka ‘Big Joke,’ is set to visit America to discuss Thailand’s human trafficking ranking. Big Joke is answering questions from American officials about Thailand’s efforts to tackle human trafficking, before the US releases its annual Trafficking In Persons (TIP) report in July, Nation Thailand reported. Countries are ranked …

The story Big Joke to visit America to discuss Thailand’s human trafficking ranking as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is actually a good job for Big Joke. Love him or loath him what can be said about him is he applies the rules. He is also happy to step on some big toes while doing so.

So if he has been given the remit of tackling human trafficking and child abuse then we will see results.

Good luck to the man. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

This is actually a good job for Big Joke. Love him or loath him what can be said about him is he applies the rules. He is also happy to step on some big toes while doing so.

So if he has been given the remit of tackling human trafficking and child abuse then we will see results.

Good luck to the man. 

Yes I tend to agree, although I can’t help but feel my faith in him will turn out to be misplaced. I’ve heard a few “stories” about him relating to recent crackdowns on illegal visas. All too often, his focus seems to be on the missing millions that have been paid to immigration offices. It makes me sceptical when money seems to be the focus of his investigations.  All that said, I’m encouraged by the way he seems to be prepared to stir things up. It just seems too good to be true. Time will tell….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Yes I tend to agree, although I can’t help but feel my faith in him will turn out to be misplaced. I’ve heard a few “stories” about him relating to recent crackdowns on illegal visas. All too often, his focus seems to be on the missing millions that have been paid to immigration offices. It makes me sceptical when money seems to be the focus of his investigations.  All that said, I’m encouraged by the way he seems to be prepared to stir things up. It just seems too good to be true. Time will tell….

Actually that does not worry me. I think he just follows the money to see who is getting it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Actually that does not worry me. I think he just follows the money to see who is getting it. 

That could very well be the case. I really hope this guy turns out to be the real deal. I guess part of my reluctance to believe it, is how easily he seems to be doing it. Someone who is apparently string up so many issues would normally need a small army to protect him. I just hope there isn’t some negative punchline coming 

Just now, Soidog said:

That could very well be the case. I really hope this guy turns out to be the real deal. I guess part of my reluctance to believe it, is how easily he seems to be doing it. Someone who is apparently string up so many issues would normally need a small army to protect him. I just hope there isn’t some negative punchline coming 

I have my doubts as well Soidog but when I saw his car had been shot up and it was only a run of the mill Honda I thought maybe he is the real deal. Bare in mind he has been "moved" before for having stepped on toes of those who consider themselves untouchable.

I genuinely worry about his safety. If he can make a difference when it comes to child abuse then I honestly wish him well.

• Like 1