News Forum - Elderly couple attacked by over 10,000 wild bees in northern Thailand

Thaiger

An elderly couple in the northern province of Tak suffered a terrifying attack by a swarm of over ten thousand wild bees. The couple, both around 70 years old, was sitting in front of their house near the Ping River in the Baan Tak district when the bees descended upon them without warning. The couple …

The story Elderly couple attacked by over 10,000 wild bees in northern Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

A couple of years ago I saw a large swarm over Maesai Chiang Rai while sitting in my garden with friends.  The same swarm came down and attacked a good friend of mine while driving his motorbike in our neighborhood.  His wife was with him at the time.  They fought and tried to escape on foot, he was stung in face and body and while in the hospital succumbed to the stings.  His wife survived as the bees preferred someone who fought them off.  I was saddened by his demise and still miss him today.