News Forum - ‘My husband keeps disappearing to Thailand’ – and I don’t know why

Thaiger

It sounds like a bad dream. But for one woman it is the very sad reality of her marriage. The New York Post reported how a 70 year old woman shared on UK television that after 50 years of marriage, her husband keeps disappearing to Thailand and spending “hundreds of pounds there monthly.” Speaking on …

The story ‘My husband keeps disappearing to Thailand’ – and I don’t know why as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Two sides to every story - his answer might well be along the lines of "you try living with her, my trips to Thailand are the only things that keep me sane". Maybe the marriage has long since broken down, but for one reason or another they won't or can't divorce, or it could even be quite innocent. Whatever is going on, it shouldn't be judged without more information.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Two sides to every story - his answer might well be along the lines of "you try living with her, my trips to Thailand are the only things that keep me sane". Maybe the marriage has long since broken down, but for one reason or another they won't or can't divorce, or it could even be quite innocent. Whatever is going on, it shouldn't be judged without more information.

You are 100% correct.  And I have proof to support your position.  At my church in California, couples would complain to my wife and I.  The ladies complain to my wife that the man has another lady (many times the man goes to Thailand)... but the husband complains to me that the wife just sleeps and not interested in sex (except on his birthday).  Only a few times a year.  Two completely different stories.   First thing is I ask him is if he spoke to the wife about it.  They reply MANY times.   All I can say is “Go.  At our age we must be happy the remaining days”.   I have heard this conflicting storied from 27 couples in my 20 years at this church.     

• Like 2

Think I will phone up myself tomorrow and complain that my cats keep disappearing. 

Would be amusing to see Phillip Schofield telling the world he is "Looking for some pussy" after what HE actually did to his wife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe the next time he goes he will not come back.

Maybe she didn't even notice for a few days that he was gone.  Seen a few marriages like that.

• Like 1