News Forum - Thai Airways to trial biometric check-in at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Thaiger

Airports of Thailand (AOT) chose flag carrier Thai Airways to trial a new biometric check-in service at Suvarnabhumi Airport, starting on their Bangkok – Singapore route. AOT hopes that bolstering facial recognition technology will streamline the check-in process and reduce waiting times. From now until April 30, passengers on daily THAI flight TG409 from Bangkok …

The story Thai Airways to trial biometric check-in at Suvarnabhumi Airport as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Article quote: During check-in, passengers’ faces will be photographed and their identity will be confirmed using an automated Passenger Validation service. The trial has already gained passenger consent, the airline said.

already gained passenger consent? Who are the passengers they refer to? All the freeloaders and their family members and regime based folk? Certainly it is not me who has been a real paying decades member.

For me I am not onboard with AI and facial recognition advances. Just not my idea of the world we grew up in and loved. What next, the AI facial recognition box will see that you have an unpaid ticket somewhere and then an electric shock shoots out rendering you unconscious, then the box turns into a robot and cuffs your or shoots out a web like a spider putting you in a cocoon. somethings are better left undone and this AI stuff is going to be the end of this world as the way it is going. Yes terminator as machines have no conscience. Well gover-n-ments have none as well.