News Forum - Outrage as The Twits make changes to Roald Dahl books to make them more PC

Thaiger

Changes to the works of best-selling British author Roald Dahl to make them more politically correct sparked outrage among the anti-woke brigade, including Salman Rushdie and Rishi Sunak, the UK Prime Minister. Some might say, “it’s politically correct gone mad.” Words such as “fat” and “ugly,” as well as descriptions using the colours black and …

The story Outrage as The Twits make changes to Roald Dahl books to make them more PC as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Not sure I count as anti-wo ke but I find this trend to be disappointing.

Was reading the comments section of the Guardian and people were complaining that the movie "All quiet on the western front" does not have any representation of minorities in it. That is simply rewriting history. The German army at the time had virtually no people of colour in it. I guess they could have shown some of the allied troops as being from former colonies but if, for example, they showed Indian troops then people would be asking for every other group to be represented. Thats before the trans activists get involved!

If we carry on with this trend we end up in a place where yes, minority groups, religions, sexual orientation and physical abilities get represented but the actual movie, book, TV series or whatever no longer shows what was the reality at the time.

Its only in the west we seem to be doing this. 

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Not sure I count as anti-wo ke but I find this trend to be disappointing.

Was reading the comments section of the Guardian and people were complaining that the movie "All quiet on the western front" does not have any representation of minorities in it. That is simply rewriting history. The German army at the time had virtually no people of colour in it. I guess they could have shown some of the allied troops as being from former colonies but if, for example, they showed Indian troops then people would be asking for every other group to be represented. Thats before the trans activists get involved!

If we carry on with this trend we end up in a place where yes, minority groups, religions, sexual orientation and physical abilities get represented but the actual movie, book, TV series or whatever no longer shows what was the reality at the time.

I have just re-read All Quiet On The Western Front - one of the true masterpieces of the 20th century - and adding "diversity" for the sake of political correctness would have been absurd. Yes, there were Asian and African American regiments on the Allied side,  but the book hardly portrays "the enemy" except as shadowy figures in the other trenches, it is totally from the German point of view (a point of view that got it banned by the Nazis in the 30's).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

I have just re-read All Quiet On The Western Front - one of the true masterpieces of the 20th century - and adding "diversity" for the sake of political correctness would have been absurd. Yes, there were Asian and African American regiments on the Allied side,  but the book hardly portrays "the enemy" except as shadowy figures in the other trenches, it is totally from the German point of view (a point of view that got it banned by the Nazis in the 30's).

Never read the book but I have watched the original film a few times. In my opinion it was better than the remake.

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Give it time mate. Where the West goes, other developing countries generally follow. It’s an illness gripping humanity that won’t go away unless it’s forced out. It’s the verbal minority outdoing the silent vast majority. Ignore it at your peril  

32 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Give it time mate. Where the West goes, other developing countries generally follow. It’s an illness gripping humanity that won’t go away unless it’s forced out. It’s the verbal minority outdoing the silent vast majority. Ignore it at your peril  

It was the publisher's of the books who instigated the changes.Of course it was "w*ke" nothing to do with generating massive amounts of free publicity for their products.Ignore them and they will go away.Trump and his sort thrive on publicity as do book publishers.Pick a side.