News Forum - Thai Airways expands into 5 Chinese cities

Thaiger

Thailand‘s flag carrier Thai Airways (THAI) is ramping up flights to China to facilitate increased demand from the Chinese tourist market since the country recently reopened its borders for the first time in three years. Thai Airways will operate 14 nonstop services per week to five hot destinations, the earliest departing on March 1, 2023… …

The story Thai Airways expands into 5 Chinese cities as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yes, Thai Air has some rather strange priorities when it comes to adding routes to it's schedules. Instead of rewarding cities that have for many years been loyal to Thai Air, they just spit in their faces and turn their backs on them. Perth and Brisbane in Australia still have no flights to Bangkok, an absolute disgrace and insulting to all those who given their money to Thai Air, only to be rewarded with contempt. I think Thai Air have lost many customers now to other airlines who have tried to fill the gaps left vacant and are being rewarded with return customers because of Thai Air's refusal to return to Perth and Brisbane. I to have now turned to Singapore Airlines and will stay with them because of the slap in the face we have received from Thai Air. I had a Gold Card with Thai Air, I will not be renewing it as I build up a friendship with Singapore Airlines, who now have a better range of options for me from Perth to Bangkok. I now couldn't care less if Thai Air return to Perth, the damage has been done, they still have not refunded my airfare from 17-03-2020, again, just another insulting rebuke from Thai Air and an obviously mismanaged and disfunctional claims department who are so incompetent that I think they are just hoping that we get sick and tired of requesting our refunds and will soon stop asking for them. Resulting in Thai Air not losing so much money. Well, I for one will not stop until I get the refund, and also get my points back for a reward flight I couldn't take and will be demanding they honour that reward later. A lost Loyal Royal Orchid Member. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tezza1971 said:

Perth and Brisbane in Australia still have no flights to Bangkok, an absolute disgrace and insulting to all those who given their money to Thai Air, only to be rewarded with contempt. I think Thai Air have lost many customers now to other airlines who have tried to fill the gaps left vacant and are being rewarded with return customers because of Thai Air's refusal to return to Perth and Brisbane. I to have now turned to Singapore Airlines and will stay with them

I have been a three times a year visitor to thailand for nearly 20 years (covid excluded) and i share your sentiments. Being from perth i am further ignored by TIT with the closing of the perth consulate and the inability to authorise australia with the evisa registration system.........i don't want my passport in the post for a canberra embassy return trip of some 8000 km as well as the associated time delays. So for the remainder of this year (and beyond) i am hoping to utilise the 45 day visa exempt and fly singapore or malaysia airlines.

MFA, TAT and Canberra Embassy have all been unable to advise me why Australia does not have the evisa system like 23 other countries do.