News Forum - The Hope Thailand takes on killer Pit Bull

Thaiger

UPDATE Animal protection organistaion The Hope Thailand is taking Bobby the Pit Bull, who killed his owner Thedpong one week ago in Korat, into their care for rehabilitation. The Hope Thailand posted a message on Facebook yesterday… “The Hope Thailand is taking on this case. We have coordinated with the Chief of Ban Talat Municipality …

The story The Hope Thailand takes on killer Pit Bull as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

You can't rehabilitate an aggressive Pit Bull dog, it took many generations of selective breeding to breed the aggression out of the other bull terrier breeds. And even now I wouldn't leave a dog like Staffordshire Bull terrier alone with a child - and that is from experience, I have owned more than one, soft as anything but excitable and with a very strong set of jaws.

• Like 4

IMO.

This is a crazy notion and irresponsible. It should be made perfectly clear to the person that has made this decision, that when Bobby causes serious injury or death in the future, as he will undoubtedly do, that they will be held both legally and financially totally responsible.

it’s not even fair to Bobby, because you cannot train this out of him and the poor creature will be caged for the rest of his life. 

• Like 2

The dog bites because he is what he is and he will never be trusted again. Pull his teeth and the problem is solved. Harsh but better than being put down or caged. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Pit bulls are killer dogs. They are ment to fight till death. Just make it a law to ban the breeding of such killer species. 

I’ve no doubt they will pass a law at some point in the future to ban such dogs. So what? It won’t be enforced like so many other laws. If you are wealthy enough or well enough connected with the local police, you can carry on regardless. 

It’s not the laws I want to see, it a real Police Force. Then and only then will Thailand start to progress. That and a few other basics of democracy. Separation of powers being a key one.