News Forum - Thai man sacrifices himself to save mother in savage Pit Bull attack

Thaiger

A former jockey from Nakhon Ratchasima province in northeast Thailand was killed by his pet Pit Bull while trying to save his mother who was attacked by the animal. Today, a funeral was held for 47 year old Thedpong [surname reserved] at Thung Sawang Temple in Mueang district. On Friday, Thedpong’s eight year old Pit …

The story Thai man sacrifices himself to save mother in savage Pit Bull attack as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Almost every country,  pitbull dogs number 1 breed for vicious attacks often resulting in serious injury or death. Much of the time, the pet pit bull attacks a family member that lives with the dog.

Oftentimes the pit bull is owned by a man that is deficient in his testosterone levels and wants other men to think he is tough man and likes to see fear in the faces of others so he gets a pitbull.  These idiot testosterone deficient men should be put in the same cage with their pitbulls.

And especially for any dog that violently attacks and kills another person, the animal should be euthanized. 

This breed should be outlawed. 

• Like 9

Makes you wonder how many more times we will see this type of news across the world. Why anyone would want to keep a potentially lethal dog breed like this is beyond me. I’m a big dog lover (obviously!), but why would you want to risk it to this extent and especially around family or members of the public. Humanity is sick! 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JackMeOff said:

Almost every country,  pitbull dogs number 1 breed for vicious attacks often resulting in serious injury or death. Much of the time, the pet pit bull attacks a family member that lives with the dog.

Oftentimes the pit bull is owned by a man that is deficient in his testosterone levels and wants other men to think he is tough man and likes to see fear in the faces of others so he gets a pitbull.  These idiot testosterone deficient men should be put in the same cage with their pitbulls.

And especially for any dog that violently attacks and kills another person, the animal should be euthanized. 

This breed should be outlawed. 

A lot of Thais consider their pets family members, some imop are treated with more compassion than humans!

1 hour ago, riclag said:

A lot of Thais consider their pets family members, some imop are treated with more compassion than humans!

We have my wife's work friend staying with our dog while I am in Thailand

The other girl's at work told her "Pi Paul loves his dog more than his wife, so you have to take care" 5555

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HAI said:

:) 'Perhaps it is time to consider putting dogs back on the menu?'

I think better to put the owners of such dogs on the menu! 

• Like 4

“Not sure what to do with the dog”

That statement is beyond belief. Sadly there is only one solution. Bobby has either been intentionally or inadvertently trained to do this, masked as a method of protecting family or property or he has developed a behavioural disorder. This animal is now lethal and he will do it again. IMO Euthanasia is now the only option.  

• Like 3

Have a gaggle of (at least) 10 younger Thais renting a small, run down looking house in my moo baan.  Mostly males, 1 or 2 females, and I'm guessing they are an unrelated group following work to different provinces/cities.  They check all the boxes, except for loud music blaring all the time, which is redeeming.  Otherwise:

* Outside of the house was an instant mess, like pack rats had been living there for years already, and remains that way.   

* Load of random vehicles, the crowne jewels being 'racer boy' modified pick up trucks parked up on the narrow soi with the engine lids open for no apparent reason.

* Live and cook food outside afternoon until late night, every night.

* Burn trash outside like we're out in the sticks, but we're not.

* The usual, blue color plastic tarps and old voting advert posters  hanging off the house and around the garden boundary walls, acting as sun shade for a large wire cage containing...... drum roll please...... a pit bull. 

Another smaller PB dog showed up a few weeks later, so I'm betting they're part-time entrepreneurs running a Puppy Mill breeding business, rather than a noodle shop, coffee shop or hair salon. 

The large dog barks every time I or anyone goes by the house.  They do seem mindful about keeping the garden gate shut but I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before that pit bull darts out like a heat seeking missile toward me or, worse, one of the neighborhood kids riding by on his/her push bike. 

I know, I know, it's unfair to judge people on appearances, and I sound like my Grandmother issuing stereotype warnings before anything's actually happened.... "but".... 🙄

• Like 2

Whatever the reason for what triggered the dog to become aggressive, it's not relevant. These animals have a reputation and once they snap are uncontrollable . These and other similar breeds should not be allowed as "pets", and whoever keeps them as such has serious personality problems.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, HAI said:

:) 'Perhaps it is time to consider putting dogs back on the menu?'

According to HSI they are still on the menu in some areas of Asia, mostly China, with Thailand being included on the list of countries as well. https://www.hsi.org/news-media/dog-meat-trade-faqs/

Perhaps it's a bit extreme but maybe eating more dogs could be part of the answer to the stray dog problem in Thailand. I know there are some great people in Thailand working hard to deal with these stray dogs but it seems to me that many Thais have no conception of how to look after a pet. 

This is quite an interesting video on this issue: