News Forum - Thailand’s first ever seaplane airline to launch this summer

Thaiger

Thailand‘s first ever seaplane airline ‘Siam Seaplane‘ is preparing to launch this summer to take the the kingdom’s tourism industry to the next level. Siam Seaplane has formed partnerships with 60 luxury hotel and resorts, including top brands Intercontinental and Four Seasons. In an interview with AirwaysMag, Chief Business Operator Dennis Keller revealed that the …

The story Thailand’s first ever seaplane airline to launch this summer as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Great initiative... should make life a little bit easier getting around Thailand.

Hint:- to make it far more easier to get around Thailand maybe utilise Hua Hin airport more.  Currently it only has 2 flights a week :(  Could easily connect Hua Hin with Bangkok, Phuket, Samui etc.

Sorry to spoil the party, but I doubt that this will work, profitably.  Open sea water landings are a dangerous business and need a lot of expensive shore line infrastructure to work. Most seaplane activity takes place in protected,  placid waters ( Caribbean) or swept inland water ways/lakes etc. (Canada).  Not much of either in this country. It may serve a couple of routes,  but  I can't see any kind of route network working.  We will see.  

48 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Sorry to spoil the party, but I doubt that this will work, profitably.  Open sea water landings are a dangerous business and need a lot of expensive shore line infrastructure to work. Most seaplane activity takes place in protected,  placid waters ( Caribbean) or swept inland water ways/lakes etc. (Canada).  Not much of either in this country. It may serve a couple of routes,  but  I can't see any kind of route network working.  We will see.  

What shoreline infrastructure would be needed?

I know nothing about it

But I live by the seaplanes in Vancouver and have also taken them a lot and I have never noticed anything but the dock

But again I don't know anything about that stuff so may be stuff I don't notice 

downtown-vancouver-seaplane-terminal-d1.jpg

DSCN4684-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Damie1967 said:

Great initiative... should make life a little bit easier getting around Thailand.

Hint:- to make it far more easier to get around Thailand maybe utilise Hua Hin airport more.  Currently it only has 2 flights a week :(  Could easily connect Hua Hin with Bangkok, Phuket, Samui etc.

Not much point for HH-BKK flights, too close to make it viable. Most people will still just drive because it's easier and quicker overall. 

I'm not convinced there will be enough people wanting to go to Phuket etc to make it a worthwhile route either. 

There is the new consortium that took ever HH but any changes and improvements are a long way down the track. 

2 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Not much point for HH-BKK flights, too close to make it viable. Most people will still just drive because it's easier and quicker overall. 

I'm not convinced there will be enough people wanting to go to Phuket etc to make it a worthwhile route either. 

There is the new consortium that took ever HH but any changes and improvements are a long way down the track. 

I'd take a seaplane that would be about and hour over driving 3 hours to HH and down to Koh Samet or Koh Chang

I don't find those drives all that enjoyable so anything to avoid it I'd be into

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

I'd take a seaplane that would be about and hour over driving 3 hours to HH and down to Koh Samet or Koh Chang

I don't find those drives all that enjoyable so anything to avoid it I'd be into

I guess everyone is different. I like to have wheels when I get somewhere though. And not be reliant on taxis, driver etc. 

I love a road trip though! 😊

14 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I guess everyone is different. I like to have wheels when I get somewhere though. And not be reliant on taxis, driver etc. 

I love a road trip though! 😊

I was thinking of those places being more like a long weekend

But yes, I enjoy a road trip

Staying at places 1 or 2 nights then move on