Vaccines

Abertillery

Why are are the Thai Government slow with rolling out the vaccines 

If it continues Thailand will be closed again the way things are going, get a grip 

5 minutes ago, Abertillery said:

If it continues Thailand will be closed again the way things are going, get a grip 

Why are the Thai government slow rolling out the vaccines you ask.

Well mate the answer is money.... How much money those in power can screw out of the situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abertillery said:

It's not terribly complicated. During the first wave of the virus, the country shutdown very quickly and very completely (at the time) and (mistakenly) felt they had the virus contained.

When vaccines were developed the Thai government put all of their eggs into one basket; a Thai company that had never made a vaccine before, but is owned by he-who-must-not-be-named, and the set-up was for "his" company to become the saviour of Thailand by producing home-grown vaccinations to save the people.

But they couldn't.  They couldn't meet their domestic demand or their foreign contract demand.

The Prayut government latched on to Sinovac as their overlord savior, but we are now seeing that this vaccine is only slightly better than nothing on anything but the original virus, no variants.

This same government waited way too long to procure contracts for other vaccines, first thinking they could negotiate a better price, and later because other country's met the price and Thailand was left holding the bag.

Now, there aren't enough vaccines to go around, and the Prayut government - which couldn't organize their way out of a piss-soaked paper bag - is responsible for the incredible mess we are in and the worse one that is on the way.

• Like 4

It isn't just the lack of vaccines being rolled out that is an issue. Its the type or brand  of vaccine being rolled out that Thai people don't want due to either its country of manufacture and due to the vaccine type, which lacks efficacy to the delta variant. We won't even mention the debacle of trying to register for  non existing vaccine supplies as a foreigner. Whilst many countries are trying to encourage people to accept a choice of vaccines Thailand and its abysmal roll out doesn't even come close to meeting the current demand or choice of vaccine. Unfortunately this then fuels an unscrupelous emerging private sector vaccination industry which feeds off of the government inadequacy and offers vaccines at an inflated price point. Disgraceful Thailand, disgraceful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

t isn't just the lack of vaccines being rolled out that is an issue. Its the type or brand  of vaccine being rolled out that Thai people don't want due to either its country of manufacture and due to the vaccine type, which lacks efficacy to the delta variant.

Even before the Delta variant they where not taking it.

So... the reason is different then only the Delta variant, Delta variant is now used as some magic queu card which they next one will be again and the next after again.

The fact is a lot of Thai people don't want vaccine at all, which means no tourism, because these people can still bring in the virus even through being asymptomatic. I vaccinated for others, not for myself, I was fine and am still fine, didn't turn into a horse whom now needs horse medicine.

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

It isn't just the lack of vaccines being rolled out that is an issue. Its the type or brand  of vaccine being rolled out that Thai people don't want due to either its country of manufacture and due to the vaccine type, which lacks efficacy to the delta variant. We won't even mention the debacle of trying to register for  non existing vaccine supplies as a foreigner. Whilst many countries are trying to encourage people to accept a choice of vaccines Thailand and its abysmal roll out doesn't even come close to meeting the current demand or choice of vaccine. Unfortunately this then fuels an unscrupelous emerging private sector vaccination industry which feeds off of the government inadequacy and offers vaccines at an inflated price point. Disgraceful Thailand, disgraceful.

Currently,  The Moderna being offered up is marked up 600%  costs 500 baht a dose  sold for  1,650. I figure 70 million baht can be made by one well known gouging hospital chain in  Phuket alone.   So this is why the govt is being slow on getting vaccines to people for free-  yes DISGUSTING 

5 hours ago, Shark said:

Even before the Delta variant they where not taking it.

So... the reason is different then only the Delta variant, Delta variant is now used as some magic queu card which they next one will be again and the next after again.

The fact is a lot of Thai people don't want vaccine at all, which means no tourism, because these people can still bring in the virus even through being asymptomatic. I vaccinated for others, not for myself, I was fine and am still fine, didn't turn into a horse whom now needs horse medicine.

I'm going to vaccinate as soon as and when I have an opportunity, not easily done as a foreigner not in the 60+ range. My wife and her immediate family want to vaccinate as well but they want Moderna or so, fear of Sinovac and Astra Zenica even when I say that the vaccination risk is minor. Maybe fear mongering on Thai websites about Sijovax and Astra Zenica doesn't help with them then making rational risk based decisions.

Well Aussie roaming I received Astra zeneca 10 days ago, only side effects I got was a little fuzzy brain and a little muscular ache. I've known many people here and at home in Scotland that have had little or no side effects. My wife works in the hospital here and she had no side effects other than a sore arm. Too much poor media coverage over all the vaccines. They do not cure the virus only partially save you getting a more severe infection.

11 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

I'm going to vaccinate as soon as and when I have an opportunity, not easily done as a foreigner not in the 60+ range. My wife and her immediate family want to vaccinate as well but they want Moderna or so, fear of Sinovac and Astra Zenica even when I say that the vaccination risk is minor. Maybe fear mongering on Thai websites about Sijovax and Astra Zenica doesn't help with them then making rational risk based decisions.

I'm in a younger range but I was very lucky. I got AZ.
Good luck on getting vaccinated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geo said:

Well Aussie roaming I received Astra zeneca 10 days ago, only side effects I got was a little fuzzy brain and a little muscular ache. I've known many people here and at home in Scotland that have had little or no side effects. My wife works in the hospital here and she had no side effects other than a sore arm. Too much poor media coverage over all the vaccines. They do not cure the virus only partially save you getting a more severe infection.

I had nothing the first day. Second day I was sore. After ~ 8 hours into my 2nd day I had a fever spike needed to sit down went to bed for 2 hours and was fit like a daisy! (I'm 34 years old, my wife also around this age had only muscle and joint pain the 2nd day).

I've heard most people that get Moderna have pretty bad side effects after the 2nd dose, multiple family members and coworkers included in this.  However, they all were fine after a couple days.

I got two shots of Moderna. After the first shot the arm I got the shot had a lot of pain. No other side effects. The same after the second shot, but less pain

More bad news for Sinovac recipients...

A new Hong Kong study has found that people fully vaccinated with the BioNTech SE (NASDAQ: BNTX) COVID-19 shot have ten times higher antibody concentrations than those who have received inactivated vaccines like China’s Sinovac Biotech Ltd (NASDAQ: SVA), according to a new study published in The Lancet.

Sinovac shot generated levels of the virus-targeting proteins that were “similar or lower” than the naturally occurring ones seen in recovered patients.

The researchers also found that the BioNTech recipient with the lowest level of antibodies still had more antibodies than the person with the highest level of antibodies who took Sinovac.

The researchers mentioned that the study did not include data on other potential correlates of protection, such as T cells or antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity antibodies.

While disease-fighting antibodies don’t account for the full picture when it comes to measuring the ability to generate immunity and the effectiveness of Covid vaccines, “the difference in concentrations of neutralizing antibodies identified in our study could translate into substantial differences in vaccine effectiveness,” the researchers said. - Benzinga.com

On 7/11/2021 at 8:30 AM, Shark said:

There are more reasons why people don't want a Chinese vaccine:

1) China first brought us the virus. And now they are trying to make money and win influence by selling vaccines. You do not want to participate in this scam.

2) Everything from China breaks quickly. Things looks nice when you open the package. But 1 or 2 months later you can already throw it in trash because it broke. This vaccine is exactly the same. It looked nice for some months. And now it is already useless. 

Edited by dimitri

On 7/17/2021 at 9:18 PM, dimitri said:

1) China first brought us the virus. And now they are trying to make money and win influence by selling vaccines. You do not want to participate in this scam.

2) Everything from China breaks quickly. Things looks nice when you open the package. But 1 or 2 months later you can already throw it in trash because it broke. This vaccine is exactly the same. It looked nice for some months. And now it is already useless. 

Are you or any of the people not wanting this vaccine properly educated and I don't mean google educated on vaccines. The government will decide for you here, if you don't like it perhaps there are better places for you to be.

On 7/17/2021 at 10:18 PM, dimitri said:

1990 called. Can they have their truisms back?