News Forum - Indian transgender couple cause a stir with pregnancy photoshoot

Thaiger

Ziya Paval and Zahad, a transgender couple from the southern state of Kerala, India, are making headlines and history with their pregnancy photoshoot. The couple, who were in the midst of a gender transition, decided to have a baby one-and-a-half years ago, pausing their hormone therapy on the advice of their doctors. “Trans people deserve …

The story Indian transgender couple cause a stir with pregnancy photoshoot as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Alrighty then, Women who identify as men can have babies with men who identify as women! 

What an accomplishment!  Or is it?  Seems like basic biology to me 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Alrighty then, Women who identify as men can have babies with men who identify as women! 

What an accomplishment!  Or is it?  Seems like basic biology to me 

We did it in maths:   man-woman-baby-300w.png.1551fa3335c01408cb43d8b14f7197e1.png

• Haha 2

No, a woman had a baby. Not a man. 

And I'm not unsympathetic to 'katheeoy'. But this is not a man giving birth. Semantics may only be stretched to a degree. A father is a male, and a mother is a female  Even when there are womb transplants, a mother will be the one who gives birth.

I'm sure transpeople would be livid, were I to them say, the tgransmother is a man and a father. Well that logic must work both ways

1 hour ago, Karolyn said:

No, a woman had a baby. Not a man. 

And I'm not unsympathetic to 'katheeoy'. But this is not a man giving birth. Semantics may only be stretched to a degree. A father is a male, and a mother is a female  Even when there are womb transplants, a mother will be the one who gives birth.

I'm sure transpeople would be livid, were I to them say, the tgransmother is a man and a father. Well that logic must work both ways

I’m afraid this is the problem with all this gender identity and gender neutral nonsense. It holds up, but only to a point. Once you get in to the detail, it can become absurd.

It was announced yesterday that the Church of England are looking at making God more gender neutral. When asked if this means we needs to change the Lords Prayer as “Our Father…” would no longer work, the Church spokesman (yes he was a man) went in to meltdown trying to fluff his way through the answer. 

I have no problem whatsoever with anyone identifying how they wish. But they will never get me to buy in to their fantasy world. You are either Male or Female. What you feel or “identify” as doesn’t change any of that being a fact. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1