News Forum - Thailand’s Digital Economy and Society Minister says e-cigarettes should be legalised

Thaiger

Thailand’s Digital Economy and Society Minister says it’s about time that e-cigarettes be legalised. The Minister, Chaiwut Thanakamanusorn, thinks Thailand should amend the law to reflect the lives of many people in developed countries. According to Thai PBS World, Chaiwut added that Thailand’s neighbouring countries of Singapore and Malaysia have already legalised electronic smoking devices. …

The story Thailand’s Digital Economy and Society Minister says e-cigarettes should be legalised as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

These are the countries where vaping is banned:

• Antigua and Barbuda
  • Argentina
  • Australia (unless you have a prescription)
  • Bhutan
  • Brazil
  • Brunei
  • Cambodia 
  • Colombia
  • Ethiopia
  • Gambia 
  • India 
  • Iran
  • Japan (vaping non-nicotine e-liquid is legal)
  • N. Korea 
  • Kuwait
  • Laos
  • Lebanon 
  • Mauritius
  • Mexico
  • Nepal
  • Nicaragua
  • Oman
  • Palestine
  • Panama
  • Qatar 
  • Seychelles
  • Singapore 
  • Sri Lanka 
  • Suriname
  • Syria
  • Thailand 
  • Timor-Leste
  • Turkmenistan
  • Uganda
  • Uruguay
  • Vatican City
  • Venezuela

It’s my opinion  that E-cigarettes should be legalized, BUT on the condition that they are subject to  the same restrictions as regular cigarette smokers.   And NO, I’m not a smoker.

• Like 1

I see the post above listing countries where vaping is banned. I assume cigarettes aren't banned in these countries - or are they?
Why the difference? Is it the lack of law for the governments to tax vaping, but already tax cigarettes, same as Thailand?

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

I see the post above listing countries where vaping is banned. I assume cigarettes aren't banned in these countries - or are they?
Why the difference? Is it the lack of law for the governments to tax vaping, but already tax cigarettes, same as Thailand?

I won't try to defend Thailand's views on vaping; I think that you are correct that they are based on financial gain of the tobacco monopoly.

However, that is not the point.

What is vaping? 

It is using a device to deliver a hit of an incredibly addictive drug, nicotine. 

That is its sole purpose.

It is an addictive drug delivery system, designed to addict people.

Yes, it might help some people quit smoking cigarettes. Yes it might be less harmful than smoking tobacco. But, it isn't a good thing.

It is a delivery system for an incredibly addictive drug called nicotine, designed to addict people.

Period.

Ban it. Ban it good.

Ban it before more young people get addicted to nicotine and end up sending thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars to A-HOLE corporate execs who profit from misery. Ban it good and toss those Corporate A-HOLES in prison.

It is a delivery system for the addictive drug nicotine, designed to addict people. Period.

Ban it, and ban it good.

Ban it forever.

Yes, I used to be an addict and wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on the drug. And yes, I will probably die younger than I should because of it.

• Like 2