All Thai AirAsia July flights cancelled; airlines cope with lockdown

Thaiger

In light of Bangkok’s new Covid-19 lockdown measures, Thai AirAsia has cancelled all their domestic flights in Thailand, while Bangkok Airways, Nok Air, Thai Smile, and Vietjet have introduced emergency measures for flight rescheduling. AirAsia, the popular budget airline based in Malaysia, has suspended all domestic flights operated by Thai AirAsia effective immediately. They hope to resume service on August 1 if Covid-19 restrictions are lifted. The airline posted a notice yesterday late afternoon that all Thai AirAsia flights from today onward through July 31 have now been cancelled. The announcement came so suddenly and many stranded passengers pushed back. […]

The post All Thai AirAsia July flights cancelled; airlines cope with lockdown appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

More and more of this sort of thing is going to happen in Thailand, until the numbers of cases and deaths is under control. And that looks increasingly unlikely until vaccinations seriously ramp up.  

If you are in Thailand be prepared to bunker down, and if you are outside then stay there for a while.

• Like 3

Due Sunday morning into Phuket is flight TG913 Thai Airways from Heathrow, Thai are using a B777-3 and i think this is the 1st flight in from the UK into the sandbox. If anyone finds out how many passenger are on board, please post it. thank you

The never ending saga of restrictions. I hope the jokers in power feel something from this that drastically effects their lives. In a sense besides the virus popping out of China, they are very much responsible for this hot escalated situation when it could have almost been back to a normal level.

It's incredible how little some governments do to protect their own people. If an EU airline cancels a flight for any reason the passenger is at the very least entitled to a full cash refund, airlines dragged their heels on this during the 1st lock down but they did eventually pay. Eithad offered EU originating passengers full refunds or rerouting to any destination in the same world zone free of charge (a great deal if you can use it). Thai passengers are getting taken for a ride while stuck in the ground!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

More and more of this sort of thing is going to happen in Thailand, until the numbers of cases and deaths is under control. And that looks increasingly unlikely until vaccinations seriously ramp up.  

If you are in Thailand be prepared to bunker down, and if you are outside then stay there for a while.

I also still wondering how people could travel to Thailand at this moment if they are not returnees, by work or have family.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

I also still wondering how people could travel to Thailand at this moment if they are not returnees, by work or have family.

Yes it amazes me too. Record daily cases and deaths in Thailand, Sth Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, and yet some people want to travel to SEAsia right now.  Things are getting worse not better in SEAsia and now is not the time to visit any country in this region. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Actually... this is IMHO good advice. My mum whom I try to import won't be coming this year.

• Thanks 1

As much as I want to return I would usually stress on all my flights that are non refundable and usually go thru 7 airports giving myself a few hrs for delays...and all it takes is for ONE to go wrong and the house of cards collapse ..not to mention all the dummies that dont want to wear a mask on a flight...good grief..

Feel bad for all those that jumped thru all the hoops then they find out another hoop the following day..

If I made it to swampy id just hunker down on the basement level by the 7-11. if it were open that is..sigh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

..not to mention all the dummies that dont want to wear a mask on a flight...good grief..

Maybe those 'dummies' as you call them, did some research and know something you don't...

masks NOT required.jpg

3 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

not to mention all the dummies that dont want to wear a mask on a flight.

",,,,not to mention all the dummies that don't want to wear a mask on a flight."

Wearing a mask in that environment call kill you.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Maybe those 'dummies' as you call them, did some research and know something you don't...

masks NOT required.jpg

Never seen a door like that on a plane!....Your response why covid is getting worse

Thank for letting us all know who you are.....I'll be sure to distance from you even after covid

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, snapdragon said:

",,,,not to mention all the dummies that don't want to wear a mask on a flight."

Wearing a mask in that environment call kill you.

So can wearing one at certain rallies..... for Losers....thanks for the tip friendo!

6 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Thank for letting us all know who you are.....I'll be sure to distance from you even after covid

Thanks, the pleasure is mutual!

1 hour ago, BlueSphinx said:

Although I see a little humour in this post, it could be a big, big topic in the not so distant future.

Shedding!!?? Yes, the ability of a body to transmit electrical energy from one person to another. The US Military have been working on this for years. And when 5G is fully rolled out, there will be the distinct probability that a person can 'catch' something from another. Not yet on the radar for Main Stream Media, but common knowledge for those in the know.

Also, the discovery of Graphine Oxide in the jabs (two), and a new study that shows a build up of Graphine in the testes is worrisome.

So BSx, the time might come, that we have to stay away from the vaxxed; if we are not to get vaxxed ourselves.

• Cool 1

17 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

I'll keep being part of the solution as you and you continue to be part of the problem and let the variants continue to breed.....btw is federal law to wear a mask on planes and public transportation, but some seem to think the laws dont apply to them. As my post was in regards to those ruining others flights

https://www.tsa.gov/news/press/releases/2021/04/30/tsa-extends-face-mask-requirement-airports-and-throughout

On 7/10/2021 at 8:14 PM, BlueSphinx said:

masks NOT required.jpg

Curious about your "research" go ahead and "own" me with a link supporting this....

I have no problem wearing a mask to protect OTHERS, as I myself dont need to(vaccinated)

Show us all here where you get your high quality research from so you can marvel in your knowledge

16 minutes ago, Zool said:

It's not about "owning" the vaccinated. It's about protecting my family. There is some evidence that shows the unvaccinated can be infected by the vaccinated, by a process called "shedding". I'm not 100% sure on this, but to be cautious, I am not allowing vaccinated people in the house. It is possible that their shedding isn't permanent; it may only be for a few weeks or months, I'm just trying to keep us all healthy. I don't think the shedding can occur by simply walking past a vaccinated person in a market, I think there has to be close contact for an extended period, that's why I wouldn't want them in the house because they could possibly infect us on a ~2 hour visit or so.

I hope you've enjoyed ridiculing me and I hope it has kept you from beating your wife for a few minutes.

Bit strong that old son. On another post you talked about closing down people by calling them anti-vaxxers. Now you are closing down people and calling them wife beaters just because they hold a different opinion to yourself. Shedding viruses is something infected people do. Even vaccinated people can contract them virus and she’s it to others, just as unvaccinated people can. I think you may be confusing your terminology? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zool said:

There is a rule at our house, vaccinated people are not allowed.

No measles vaccines? Mumps? Rubella? Chicken Pox? Flu? Yellow Fever? Do you eat beef, pork, or chicken? It's probably been vaccinated against a host of pathogens. Where do you draw the line? It's all so confusing!

16 minutes ago, Zool said:

I know you are mocking me, and your questions are probably rhetorical, but I'm going to pretend that you asked a question because you were interested in my answer.

I was talking only about the covid vaccine. I'm concerned about shedding. For the record I have many vaccines and I am not an anti-vaxxer.

Not mocking, exactly, but I am curious as to where the line is drawn. So, is shedding not a problem with other vaccines? (I don't know exactly what "shedding" means in the context of the COVID vaccine.) Given that god only knows what vaccines are used in commercial meat production, are those not elements of concern? Particularly given the zoonotic origins of many viruses. I can see how people might gravitate to a particular theory to justify their actions. No problem with that at all as there are any number of viable realities going on at one time. But how do you determine that shedding is a problem with coronavirus vaccines whereas it's not with any other?