Sandbox tourist forced to stay in ASQ hotel after fellow passenger on her flight tests positive

Thaiger

3 hours ago, PQBC said:

Can someone show me where -  in Stephanie's case - it says that "at-risk" sandboxers will be subject to a 14 day confinement in an ASQ hotel?

The summary documents clearly say that if people pass the PCR test, they are free to move around on all of Phuket.   So that's exactly what should happen !

That's in the bottom right corner of the attached sheet.    There is no "except for when........." or "see small print for other cases when you may be detained"

Now Thailand is free to set whatever rules it likes, but what we all have a right to expect it that promises are kept and the policy that is applied is in line with the explanation.    When promises are broken, trust is lost.

Phuketflowchart.JPG

On 7/12/2021 at 10:32 PM, ChristyS said:

She speaks perfect German on a video on her FB blog  page.   There's only one ASQ hotel, but she had to find it on her own- no one took her.   She mentions   her plans are flexible as to travel within Thailand but wants to learn Thai and will get an education visa  to do so,  and she  sold her big touring style bike ( see pics)  before coming here so I'd say you  seem deliberate on misunderstanding her and bent on giving her a hard time as do a lot of others. 

No, just bent on pointing out some obvious issues that don't add up.

14 hours ago, Jaizan said:

The summary documents clearly say that if people pass the PCR test, they are free to move around on all of Phuket.   So that's exactly what should happen !

That's in the bottom right corner of the attached sheet.    There is no "except for when........." or "see small print for other cases when you may be detained"

Now Thailand is free to set whatever rules it likes, but what we all have a right to expect it that promises are kept and the policy that is applied is in line with the explanation.    When promises are broken, trust is lost.

Phuketflowchart.JPG

14 hours ago, Jaizan said:

Same here https://www.tatnews.org/2021/06/initial-information-phuket-sandbox/

It says:  "If tested negative for COVID-19, travellers can go anywhere in Phuket"

Detaining people in ASQ is not in line with this !

Well, in her next interview she says she was told and it was also in writing so she know it was a risk but she too it.

Now, who do I believe .....

7 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Well, in her next interview she says she was told and it was also in writing so she know it was a risk but she too it.

Now, who do I believe .....

I am in the same quandary, however I do know I do not believe you.