News Forum - Officials remove fence from Phuket beach following complaints

Thaiger

There’s been another incident involving a business allegedly encroaching on a Phuket beach.  Officials removed a fence from Kamala Beach following several complaints that the fence encroached upon the beach. The business accused of encroaching on the beach is a beach bed operator. Law enforcement officers inspected the area where the operator was ordered to …

The story Officials remove fence from Phuket beach following complaints as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

We no longer live in phuket, the beaches are pretty disgusting, the last time we were there was 2 weeks ago and whilst swimming at Bangtao beach we swam around half full takeaway containers, straws, cigarette butt's and ice cream wrappers, at least we were permitted to sit on a lounger and have a parasol to keep the sun at bay, a rarity these days!

• Like 1

It’s pretty obvious that “infringement” plays a large part of modern day Thailand.   Living in Bangkok made this obvious as many of the sidewalks , particularly on the smaller soi , were a maze of small vendors dangerously forcing pedestrians into the already narrow streets. Add to it the notorious thai driving  (both trucks, autos, and motor bikes, its a wonder the accident rate only places them 2nd through out the world.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BJoe said:

It’s pretty obvious that “infringement” plays a large part of modern day Thailand.   Living in Bangkok made this obvious as many of the sidewalks , particularly on the smaller soi , were a maze of small vendors dangerously forcing pedestrians into the already narrow streets. Add to it the notorious thai driving  (both trucks, autos, and motor bikes, its a wonder the accident rate only places them 2nd through out the world.

I'd take that over sanitizing Bangkok into a boring any other city in the world

Hopping off the curb for a bit to walk around something isn't  the end of the world

When I am booking a hotel in Bangkok I do a Google maps "outside" view and look to see if there are street stalls outside the hotel

I understand not everyone will share that opinion 

But I came to Thailand for that.....not some street that I could see anywhere in the world

Perhaps, everyone should be more concerned about the high level of pollutants in the air, especially coming from the pickup community who blast out obscene amount of unburnt fuel 'just because they can.' The police seem to love soft targets dumping vendors off the beach perimeter when they would be better employed looking at the vehicles causing real pollution.

1 hour ago, Ellenroc said:

Perhaps, everyone should be more concerned about the high level of pollutants in the air, especially coming from the pickup community who blast out obscene amount of unburnt fuel 'just because they can.' The police seem to love soft targets dumping vendors off the beach perimeter when they would be better employed looking at the vehicles causing real pollution.

Have you ever been to Kamala Beach?

It's one of the only beaches in Thailand that seems to have gotten it right 

They have a perfect mixture of local casual vendors, high end Beach Club and a great strip of restaurants right on the sand

You can't just let anyone set up shop