News Forum - Thai Vietjet to launch only direct flight from Chiang Mai to Osaka

Thaiger

Direct flights between Chiang Mai in northern Thailand and Osaka in Japan will commence on February 16, 2023, operated by budget airline Thai Vietjet Air. Operated by an Airbus A321, the new route from Chiang Mai International Airport to Kansai International Airport will take five hours in total. To begin with, the route will run …

The story Thai Vietjet to launch only direct flight from Chiang Mai to Osaka as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Wow. I might just fly this one with my son and daughter. And only 4hr 30min drive to go see Hiroshima or 1hr 20min by train, and to go Osaka to Tokyo 7hr drive or 3hr train ride. And we get to have more Japanese visting CM which may just effectively retard the Chinese from coming here in mass group travel since they supposedly don't like each other. Only bummer might be is that the Japanese play a lot of golf, and this just may make playing some courses harder and more packed like the Korean's take over one course from Nov - Jan. In any course sounds good to me. A diversity of tourists as it should be.

I cannot remember Chiang Mai ever having direct (i.e. nonstop) service to anywhere in Japan before. So it is a plus of sorts. However, ThaiVietjet has some of the worst legroom in the industry, even in upgraded "Skyboss", and it would be a miserable 6 hours for most people. Not to mention that their entire modus operandi seems to be one hassle after another. I'm in Chiang Mai but will continue to access Japan through Suvarnabhumi with JAL or ANA.

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Direct flights between Chiang Mai in northern Thailand and Osaka in Japan will commence on February 16, 2023, operated by budget airline Thai Vietjet Air. Operated by an Airbus A321, the new route from Chiang Mai International Airport to Kansai International Airport will take five hours in total. To begin with, the route will run …

The story Thai Vietjet to launch only direct flight from Chiang Mai to Osaka as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yes this was posted in another site and not sure this airline but there was one 3 times a week and not sufficient capacity and the airline  increased it but no where near the demand.
Also to Japan and to China have both countries gone back to very restrictive measures due to Covit.
Maybe have missed something and surely no just from Chiang Mai and the cost seems low but realise it is a promotion price.

3 hours ago, Skip said:

Anybody who willfully chooses to fly Vietjet is asking for the hassle of a lifetime... 

I fly them all the time domestic and to Vietnam pre-covid. I actually like them a lot and have flown on them more than 30 times plus.

3 hours ago, CNXDPA said:

I cannot remember Chiang Mai ever having direct (i.e. nonstop) service to anywhere in Japan before. So it is a plus of sorts. However, ThaiVietjet has some of the worst legroom in the industry, even in upgraded "Skyboss", and it would be a miserable 6 hours for most people. Not to mention that their entire modus operandi seems to be one hassle after another. I'm in Chiang Mai but will continue to access Japan through Suvarnabhumi with JAL or ANA.

If you pay extra to book a certain seat, then you are ok. The biggest thing is if the person in front of you has a brain and does not recline his or her seat. That makes a huge difference whne flying domestic Thailand. I normally will hit and push the back of the seat when this happens. Airlines should make a rule that international flights you can only recline at certain times, and domestic is no you cannot.

19 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

If you pay extra to book a certain seat, then you are ok. The biggest thing is if the person in front of you has a brain and does not recline his or her seat. That makes a huge difference whne flying domestic Thailand. I normally will hit and push the back of the seat when this happens. Airlines should make a rule that international flights you can only recline at certain times, and domestic is no you cannot.

In your statement above this one you said that you fly them all the time domestic and to Vietnam pre-covid. You actually like them a lot and have flown on them more than 30 times plus.

And here you are complaining about the reclining seats...

5 hours ago, Skip said:

In your statement above this one you said that you fly them all the time domestic and to Vietnam pre-covid. You actually like them a lot and have flown on them more than 30 times plus.

And here you are complaining about the reclining seats...

There is always one in the crowd that does not have concideration or know proper etiquet. the seats are ok if the person does not recline. Not complaining is just reality that there is always on in a crowd and they should ban reclining on domestic flights period since most the carriers have crunch tin can seating. I can't actually count for all my flights here just in Thailand alone, but it is probably several hundred in 20 years alone. First is Bangkok air for seating as they are just the best and most comfortable going, next Thai Airways, then Thai Smile and Nok are the best. I don't fly Thai Air Asia as do not care for them, but I have flown them probably 10 + times before saying enough.