News Forum - Delivery driver saves family from fire in northeast Thailand

Thaiger

Yesterday, netizens helped to reunite a restaurant owner with the Grab delivery driver who saved him and his family from a fire in the middle of the night earlier this month in Buriram province in northeast Thailand. On January 16 at 3am, a raging communication cable fire broke out in front of the Chan Chao …

The story Delivery driver saves family from fire in northeast Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

I was delivering food to a customer as normal when I noticed a communication cable fire.

I'm sure the fire must more than likely have been started by a mains cable in contact with the comms cable. There's no way such a very low voltage cable could cause a fire like.
There would have been external factors that caused it.
Just the same as the one referred to in the article about the 'comms cable' fire in Bangkok in July last year.

An arc, or short, in even low voltage cable can overheat and cause a fire if the surrounding material is combustible. I've witnessed 12v DC cable go up in flames.

Low voltage is less of a shock hazard, but can still be a fire hazard.