News Forum - China gives green light to Chinese tour groups

Thaiger

China has lifted its restriction on group tours travelling to Thailand and 19 other countries. The reopening of tour groups officially started yesterday, marking a significant step towards normalising international travel for Chinese tourists. The Ministry of Culture and Tourism in China made the announcement yesterday. This move will officially allow tour agencies and online …

The story China gives green light to Chinese tour groups as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Now this is the worst news yet of 2023. Thailand, especially CM will now go back to sinking like it was before the CCP bat virus hit and it being inevitable to be totally ruined once again. Just say NO to Chinese tour groups and thier out of control over stauration invasion. There was nothing good about it before, and there will be nothing good about it again. Terrible news!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Now this is the worst news yet of 2023. Thailand, especially CM will now go back to sinking like it was before the CCP bat virus hit and it being inevitable to be totally ruined once again. Just say NO to Chinese tour groups and thier out of control over stauration invasion. There was nothing good about it before, and there will be nothing good about it again. Terrible news!

I may be wrong here mate, but I’m starting to think you aren’t a big fan of these Chinese groups 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I may be wrong here mate, but I’m starting to think you aren’t a big fan of these Chinese groups 😉

I can't think why. But then again...  I can remember having to literally elbow my way through swarms of Chinese tour groups waiting to be picked up from the old Night Train Market in Bangkok, I tried being polite but it just wasn't working.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

I can't think why. But then again...  I can remember having to literally elbow my way through swarms of Chinese tour groups waiting to be picked up from the old Night Train Market in Bangkok, I tried being polite but it just wasn't working.

I feel lucky. Apart from encountering them at airports, I tend to keep away from their popular spots. Not always 100% success, but I limit my exposure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Yea and unfortunately I really wish I didn’t care.
Back in the day before they really came here, the time came when the movie Lost In Thailand came out and then they started to trickle in being noticeable. I was totally indifferent. But then that trickle quickly started to ooze and then grew and grew and never stopped and festered into outrageous ugliness essentially marring and scarring Chiang Mai. It was an ongoing invasion day in and day out never stopping. I also travel in Thailand a lot, and saw areas like Bangkok and even Pattaya to the point of there was no longer able to turn a blind eye and ignore.

During their Covid no travel outside of their homeland, there were and are Chinese who live here, many in CM. I absolutely have no problem with them as is acceptable and they act quite well.  It is the Chinese groups and travelers that have proven themselves to be an over saturation of an eyesore being extremely hard to take and unbearable when in mass groups being literally at every corner you turn as on the street, malls and supermarkets, restaurants, etc. You name it they crawl into it and it is just way way overkill.

There needs to be restrictions in place, and this sort of should go to cover every race that gets to the sheer numbers they got to and then some. I could almost see India getting over board here in some places giving them a bad name like that. Last June I was in Phuket and area islands. Now as this was for the most part ok for me, they hit a hard nerve with my daughter. I do have to admit they in groups can often get loud and overbearing in some places, say like a waiting room in an airport or small restaurant, but no where near the sheer numbers day in day out the Chinese got to and then became an unwelcome stigma for most. CM was changes and to a huge point destroyed by them. I take it as I heard the Chinese also totally ruined Sihanoukville from over running it. Don’t really want to go see fir myself but I do believe it.

Everything in moderation, and e en with my home town in the USA they are overboard

• Like 3

Anyway, I think everyone wished they never took it to that point. But it needs to be the government that realizes it and puts restrictions on how many can come and go, buy what etc. 

• Like 2

The  annoying/distressing aspect of the green light is that the Chinese who are arriving are middle aged+ and  ugly. In a country of a billion+ , with tens of millions of beautiful people, it seems that none of those perfect featured people ever makes it to Thailand. I doubt people would complain as much if the the beauties travelled. Where do they all go? It's like Thailand is now the dirt magnet for the world attracting the fat and ugly from everywhere. It didn't used to be that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1