News Forum - Passengers left waiting hours at Bangkok’s new central train station

Thaiger

The opening of Bangkok‘s new central train station Bangkok Aphiwat Central Station did not go so smoothly yesterday with the first service to Chiang Mai departing three hours later than scheduled and many more delayed services. BBC Thai and CH7 report that services were delayed to await the arrival of Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob, who …

The story Passengers left waiting hours at Bangkok’s new central train station as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

47 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

And yet again Thailand verifies it's Third World credentials.

Yea I'm still wondering how they're going to pull off being the central hub of the upcoming Southeast Asia bullet trains.  Outside of the big resort towns, the infrastructure needs some improvement and Bangkok really needs a 24/7 city cleaning crew that goes around making repairs and cleaning. 

Last time I was downtown in Bangkok, the sidewalks were covered in oil stains from the food vendors dumping their oil the night before.  Also, I was walking along sukhumvit 11 by Nana on my way to dinner and there's mountains of trash and dead rats laying next to the sidewalk.  Also, I don't know what the recent policy is regarding marijuana, but there's a lot of box trucks that normally sell marijuana parked on the tiny road.  I counted 5 trucks, but only 1 was doing business.  Since they're parked there, other people feel they have the right to park there as well.  Bangkok should setup a time in the evening when sukhumvit 11 or the road by Hooters becomes a temporary pedestrian street closed off to traffic.  I was in Siem Reap last month and I noticed their Pub Street downtown is temporarily closed to traffic at night and it's strictly pedestrian.  Thailand could learn a little from their neighbors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skip said:

Typical Thai... "nobody knows anything, and it's not my fault"... shame on the minister being late as well.

Don't exaggerate, the UK is just the same.  

On 1/20/2023 at 1:12 PM, Thaiger said:

the first service to Chiang Mai departing three hours later than scheduled

Only 3 hours late is probably a new record for Thailand, usually weeks.