News Forum - Millions of Chinese head home to countryside despite Xi’s Covid worries

Thaiger

Millions of Chinese residents are headed back home for the Chinese New Year despite President Xi Jinping’s worries about Covid spreading through rural areas. Xi said he was “concerned” about the countryside’s ability to handle a surge in Covid infections, but China’s transport authorities are predicting more than two billion trips will be made this …

The story Millions of Chinese head home to countryside despite Xi’s Covid worries as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good to see The Great Leader “concerned”.  Such a kind and caring individual. He’s done all he can to provide protection for his loyal servants and what do they do? They cause him to be concerned and perhaps lose a seconds sleep over it. The people should be ashamed! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Leo said:

The 60,000 dead figure is an undercounting by a factor of about 10-15.

As is the reports coming out of the tests being carried out at Thailand airports. They claim only 5 arrivals tested positive in the past two weeks compared to 300-400 people leaving. I think the fact they report 300-400 shows just how accurate these results are. 

Im giving serious consideration to stop reading Thai news reports. The level of stupidity is mind blowing. 

• Like 2

Only 4% of those departing positive foreigners were Chinese too.  It must be a conspiracy!!! 😀

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Please note: This post does not intend to abuse/offend anyone.

How compassionate of Xi to be concerned about the possible spread of Wuhan flu in the rural provinces of the country. I don't understand his concerns, though; after all, he was more than happy to open the floodgates and allow his 'zero covid' countrymen to venture forth and flood other countries with a new strain... that hasn't yet been declared.

• Like 3

I wouldn't blame the Chairman for the travel of the Chinese. He gave the people what they wanted. Was it any different than how many Europeans behaved and still behave? They were rioting in Germany, France and the UK over Covid restrictions.  I am not going to lose sleep if millions of Chinese have problems because of Covid. I spent the past 2 years  negatively impacted because of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vigo said:

I wouldn't blame the Chairman for the travel of the Chinese. He gave the people what they wanted. Was it any different than how many Europeans behaved and still behave? They were rioting in Germany, France and the UK over Covid restrictions.  I am not going to lose sleep if millions of Chinese have problems because of Covid. I spent the past 2 years  negatively impacted because of them.

With you 100%. Anyone who isn't is an aficionado of government fiction.