News Forum - Walk-in driving license services now available in Thailand

Thaiger

Obtaining a new driving license or renewing an old one just got easier in Thailand. Walk-in services are now available at transport offices nationwide without the need to book an appointment, according to the Department of Land Transport (DLT). Anyone wanting to renew their Thai driving license can obtain an ‘eLearning’ theoretical training certificate through …

The story Walk-in driving license services now available in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

every day i see in the facebook this license providers, infact i was following 2 of the agencies in line and they respond to me, i guy was asking for 1500 baht for bike license and 700 as advance, the second agency daily send pictures of people who get licenses, however this agency advertised as 100% after the completion of license !, in my opinion, neither Face book nor the law enforcement did take this issue, it might be a office bearers of license issuing authority who would like to do as a side business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalyan said:

every day i see in the facebook this license providers, infact i was following 2 of the agencies in line and they respond to me, i guy was asking for 1500 baht for bike license and 700 as advance, the second agency daily send pictures of people who get licenses, however this agency advertised as 100% after the completion of license !, in my opinion, neither Face book nor the law enforcement did take this issue, it might be a office bearers of license issuing authority who would like to do as a side business.

Immigration officers offer the same services for visas, so why not for drivers licenses. Let’s face it, a Thai drivers license isn’t worth the plastic it’s written on. They may as well start issuing driving licenses inside of breakfast cereals for all they are worth. 

• Like 2

I am not sure the report of 'walk in' is strictly accurate as it implies immediate action. At Morchit DLT today, I arrived with all paperwork, online video done with QR code ready. Everything checked and found to be correct but was offered only February 1st to 10th with various times during this days. Yes, much better that the 3 months online wait for appointment at Prakhanong but far from 'walk in' service. 

• Like 1

"Walk-ins will first have their documentation examined by an officer before being given an appointment time to return." So it's only a "walk-in" to arrange an appointment.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 12:40 PM, Thaiger said:

Obtaining a new driving license or renewing an old one just got easier

As Department of Land Transport will be selling brown envelopes at the main entrance. Walk in Drive out.

• Haha 2

On 1/19/2023 at 10:47 AM, Richard61 said:

"Walk-ins will first have their documentation examined by an officer before being given an appointment time to return." So it's only a "walk-in" to arrange an appointment.

The Thais have no idea about appointments. One of the many imponderables about the country is timing and punctuality. On the one hand you go to a hospital or dentist and just sit and wait, while on the other they operate airlines that publish a timetable and stick to it. 

A few times, I’ve discussed the “bright idea” of appointment slots at clinics and dentists with Thais. The answers I get is nearly always the same. Usually along the lines of “Oh it doesn’t work like that here” Or “oh no you can’t do that. That won’t work here”

The Thais give the impression that they truly believe that the universal laws of physics and time simply don’t work in Thailand. 

On 1/19/2023 at 3:50 PM, Soidog said:

They may as well start issuing driving licenses inside of breakfast cereals for all they are worth. 

Or do as a lot of Thais do--- don't bother.

• Like 1