News Forum - US police officer asks appeals court to overturn George Floyd murder conviction

Thaiger

The US police officer who was convicted of murdering unarmed Black man George Floyd has asked the court to overturn his murder conviction. Derek Charuvin, 46, argued to the appeals court that the extreme media attention and potential for riots had deprived him of a “fair” trial. According to NDTV.com, Chauvin was convicted of murder …

The story US police officer asks appeals court to overturn George Floyd murder conviction as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Not going to happen. Best he could get is a faked death in prison and then relocate him to somewhere noone would know what he looked like. They will never risk having riots break out from his normal release or the verdict being overturned. Just not worth it.

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Not going to happen. Best he could get is a faked death in prison and then relocate him to somewhere noone would know what he looked like. They will never risk having riots break out from his normal release or the verdict being overturned. Just not worth it.

Agreed. One man’s freedom is simply not worth the outcry and potential riots. 

I don’t know if this guy is racist or just a violent and arrogant man in a police uniform. Either way, he deserves a long time in jail to consider his actions. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 12:01 PM, HolyCowCm said:

This is an interesting scenario.  Is a faked death something that actually happens?  I suppose if you are rich enough anything is possible.

13 hours ago, bushav8r said:

This is an interesting scenario.  Is a faked death something that actually happens?  I suppose if you are rich enough anything is possible.

It might be the best way for everyone and everything involved in this unsolvable headache if they did tyhe now you see him, now you don't. I don't think that Goerge was anything near white as the driven snow as was tainted with quite a bit of yellow in his kife and actions. No saint or angel there, and so the officer Derek in the same line was not an angel as well. But one cannot feel sorry for his family who was awarded $27 million dollars. For that price I would almost offer my life in order to give my family that kind of money. Maybe odd to say that, but a lot of good can come from that kind of money, and on the other hand a lot of sorrow if misused.

• Like 1