News Forum - Famous Belgian murderer Robert Beijer arrested in Pattaya, Thailand

Thaiger

Convicted murderer and suspect in Belgium’s infamous ‘Brabant Killers‘ case of the1980s – Robert Beijer – has been arrested in Pattaya, Chon Buri province, eastern Thailand. Robert Beijer, a former state policeman, was convicted of murdering and robbing an Antwerp diamond dealer in 1995 along with Madani Bouhouche. Beijer was sentenced to 14 years but …

The story Famous Belgian murderer Robert Beijer arrested in Pattaya, Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Article quote: Earlier this month, Belgian magnet fishers found an Uzi submachine gun allegedly used by the Brabant Killers in a daylight robbery in Nivelles in 1983, sparking fresh interest in the case.

Oh, I am sure the Uzi still has finger prints on it from 1983 if they did not use gloves. Cannot make the Uzi sing anymore as probably all rusted.

Sounds as if they are just trying to see if they can rattle this guys cage after all these years and if he is disoreintated from being sick it is a possibility.

If I was a convicted murderer I would hide out in Thailand too.  This guy was a former policeman.  Could he not have done  a better job hiding?

41 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

If I was a convicted murderer I would hide out in Thailand too.  This guy was a former policeman.  Could he not have done  a better job hiding?

I tend to agree. Although I think I’d pick a less developed location. Maybe Laos or Columbia. Having said that, being a westerner in a place like Laos means you stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe South Africa or certainly a place that doesn’t have extradition with your home country. 

1396066209_Schermafbeelding2023-01-22om17_48_51.thumb.png.e8ffac8e0a15c75dc0327f30a97ee2c7.png

1 hour ago, bushav8r said:

Everybody in Belgium knew he was there, he was living there is a large villa. Belgian police just informed their Thai colleagues they wanted to ask him some questions. He even came back to belgium 20 years ago to propose a book he had written.As his jail sentence was done he was free to go wherever he wanted.
I don't understand why he didn't do everything following Thai expat rules. Thought he had a Thai wife and 3 children.
I am certain Thai police knew where he was, but Belgian justice came to ask him a few questions, to cancel him from the investigation from some murders 40 years ago. They didn't want to arrest him.

2 strange things: why was he not in order with visa, and what was the reason for the Thai police to act now.