News Forum - Youtuber roasts Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Thai cooking skills

Thaiger

A Youtuber roasted world-renowned chef Gordon Ramsay’s Thai cooking skills in a video posted on Sunday. The Malaysian Youtuber, known as Uncle Roger, has over 7 million subscribers. He is based in London. Ramsay is known to the world as a super harsh critic of other people’s cooking, mainly through his reality show “Hell’s Kitchen.” …

The story Youtuber roasts Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Thai cooking skills as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

19 minutes ago, palooka said:

Sorry but do find Ramsey "up himself" and a bit hard to take.

Sometimes is a Yep. But he is great at what he does but not perfect on some fronts. 

• Like 1

Papaya salad is one of the Thai dishes I avoid. Sodium count is off the wall. I think  Ramsay was preparing  the salad for a predominately bland palate audience, the type of people who travel to Thailand and order hamburger and french fries because Thai food scares them or is too "spicey".

2 hours ago, palooka said:

Sorry but do find Ramsey "up himself" and a bit hard to take.

His 1st show in UK, Kitchen Nightmares, was great

but then he went big time and I don't watch any of it

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Papaya salad is one of the Thai dishes I avoid. Sodium count is off the wall. I think  Ramsay was preparing  the salad for a predominately bland palate audience, the type of people who travel to Thailand and order hamburger and french fries because Thai food scares them or is too "spicey".

So you avoid a dish then disparage people for eating that dish bland

Makes sense...............

7 hours ago, Vigo said:

Papaya salad is one of the Thai dishes I avoid. Sodium count is off the wall.

You speak as if it's just one dish....I eat somtam everywhere I go in Thailand and the variations are immense.

I also like to hear of Ramsay getting pummelled.

I really dislike Ramsay & don't ever bother looking at his programmes.

This though...555.

Uncle Roger is so funny in his criticism of GR:

" You rimming not pounding"

"Wok f*kboi"

Putting Coriander & Basil in it? Horrible!

Good to see Ramsay getting a taste of his own medicine - don't  know what his private persona is like, but his public one is total a*hole. The way he used the tamarind and thought that European basil and Thai basil could be swapped showed that he didn't know what he was talking about. 

22 hours ago, Marc26 said:

So you avoid a dish then disparage people for eating that dish bland

Makes sense...............

LOL. High salt content is an issue quite different from spicy food. On the contrary a highly spiced dish need not be salty. And no one was disparaged. A great many people have been raised on processed food  and so their palate is inexperienced.  Imagine having a  delicious Thai curry without the zing. It's the chili mix that makes the dish.

In respect to the usual papaya salads one gets in restaurants; there is the ultra high sodium fish sauce, the tamarind juice is often commercially prepared with salt added, and instead of dried shrimp, commercial shrimp paste is used and its loaded with salt. Old fashioned papaya salad is a nice side dish with the original style ingredients and reduced amount of fish sauce, especially since papaya itself is very low in sodium.

Years ago I was shopping at Kad Suan Kaew mall in Chiang Mai, and upon walking into the GAP store, I saw none other than Gordon Ramsay himself. There were some camera guys and crew outside the shop, so he was clearly in CM to film something.

I walked up, ready to talk about food...and then immediately felt this sense that he probably just wants to be left alone, and I recalled every episode I had seen of Kitchen Nightmares and the way he reacts to his feelings of frustration. I just stood next to him, picked up a shoe, pretended to check the size, put it back on the shelf, and walked away.

Literally one of my life's regrets...wish I had got a photo with him or at least shook his hand.

The next year he aired his South East Asia tour special on BBC. Fack.