News Forum - Deputy PM pledges to increase state welfare benefit to 700 baht

Thaiger

Not to be outdone by Pheu Thai Party (PTP) election promises Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon pledged to increase state welfare scheme benefits if he becomes prime minister in May. The PTP, led by Paetongtarn Shinawatra, vows to increase the daily minimum wage for Thai workers to 600-baht, introduce a 25,000-baht salary for graduates …

The story Deputy PM pledges to increase state welfare benefit to 700 baht as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

700 baht! It’s an embarrassingly low amount to offer people. The state pension is even more embarrassing. This is around 600-1,000 per month depending on age. 

I wouldn’t mind if the leaders (unelected as most are) showed some humility and understanding of just how embarrassingly low these amounts are. They dangle an extra few hundred baht a month in front of voters, while wearing clothes and wrist watches worth many thousands of times more. I find it sickening to be honest. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Here come the promises..

A politician's promises only bind those who believe them” once former French President Jacques Chirac said. And he knew the subject very well. Politician's promises : a universal concept indeed.

All Politicians are rotten wood from the same pond. They promise to bring the entire universe into the voters life until they can get the peoples' mandate into their grip. It is universal

I’d simply spoil the ballot paper if I had a vote in Thailand. I think by law you have to vote. I’d comply and write Bol**ks on the paper.

We know how this will end in one of three ways:

1. A three party or more complex coalition helped by the loaded dice of Thai politics.

2. Pheu Thai will win and last for about two years before the street protests start and the tanks toll in to town

3. Someone helped by the lawyers finds an obscure law to get the courts to rule the election null and void.

Which ever it is, nothing of significance will change. 

• Like 1

Local village had a party to celebrate the news, they shared a large bottle of rice whiskey (B 120) that blew out their food budgets for the next month.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Gen Prawit added that his government aims to overcome poverty and reduce social inequality, deliver effective policies on water management and land allocation, as well as crackdowns on human trafficking.

'deliver effective policies on water management' - King Canute strikes again.

'his government aims to overcome poverty and reduce social inequality' 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Like 1