News Forum - Two Thai men die in unrelated road accidents hours after both winning the lottery

Thaiger

Two Thai men were killed in unrelated road accidents in different regions of Thailand last night. Both of them had won the lottery earlier that day. In Chiang Mai, 40 year old Thitibodin [surname reserved] lost control and fatally crashed his motorbike into an electricity pole just after midnight outside the Chiang Mai Provincial Land …

The story Two Thai men die in unrelated road accidents hours after both winning the lottery as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Two Thai men were killed in unrelated road accidents in different regions of Thailand last night. Both of them had won the lottery earlier that day. In Chiang Mai, 40 year old Thitibodin [surname reserved] lost control and fatally crashed his motorbike into an electricity pole just after midnight outside the Chiang Mai Provincial Land …

The story Two Thai men die in unrelated road accidents hours after both winning the lottery as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

One can only admire these 3 heroes who sacrificed their time and money and ultimately their life in a desperate bid to educate the masses and make them stop playing the lottery.

Unless I missed it, the report mentions nothing about these guys most likely without a helmet or what their blood tests showed. I’d imagine alcohol and/or drugs played its role.

If any good comes from this it will be the Thais don’t buy lottery tickets. Not holding my breath! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wackamole said:

One can only admire these 3 heroes who sacrificed their time and money and ultimately their life in a desperate bid to educate the masses and make them stop playing the lottery.

Why. Starting a business is just as bad of odds as the lottery. Maybe worse. Gotta laugh at all these experts who understand that the lottery is delusional. They just gotta figure out that almost everything about life is just as delusional 

Gambling is evil unless it is authorised by you know who. I seem to remember this happening in CM a few years ago as well. Winning lotto for Thai man can be dangerous to man's life.

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Gambling is evil unless it is authorised by you know who. I seem to remember this happening in CM a few years ago as well. Winning lotto for Thai man can be dangerous to man's life.

My BIL just hit the lottery 2 days ago for 150k baht

BUT.......his gf's sister is the one he played it with and she claimed she forgot to put in one ticket...........so she gave him 40k and took the rest

And his GF let her...........

Maybe it is bad luck to win the lottery.  The headline led me to believe they had won a substantial amount of money.  One guy only won enough to buy a helmet and the other one a new bike as well a a helmet.  They both met their end with blood pouring from their skulls.   I wonder what they would have spent their winnings on if they were still alive.  

2 hours ago, bushav8r said:

I wonder what they would have spent their winnings on if they were still alive.  

They could have been in the ICU for 3 months in a coma and they still wouldn’t have bought a helmet. One thing I never understand, is why Thais never seem to learn from their own experiences, especially on the roads. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 1:05 PM, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Seems like their luck just ran out.

• Like 1