TM 30 and Visa extension?

I entered Thailand from USA  on Jan 9 and stamped until Feb 23. I need to get the extension as I leave March 3.  I had expected to run to Vietnam and just get the new stamp (30 days) when I arrive back to Thailand but now I may may just get the extension here.  But of course I am confused from what I read and hear from VISA service here in Pattaya.

I rented a condo directly from an owner so do NOT have a receipt and he says he cannot issue anything since its not a lease.  He also mentioned he did NOT register me with immigration (TM 30).     A VISA service I chatted with said they can fix both of these for me as part of their service.   They also said that although they will stand in line, etc. I do need to go to the immigraton office to take a photo outside the office.  What sounds odd as another person I know who does a simliar service does not require this photo outside the office. 

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Dezmo said:

I rented a condo directly from an owner so do NOT have a receipt and he says he cannot issue anything since its not a lease.  He also mentioned he did NOT register me with immigration (TM 30).   

You don't need a lease, just a copy of the blue Tabien Baan and ID card, and file a TM30 yourself.
How do you know he is the owner of the Condo, because he said so?

3 hours ago, Dezmo said:

I do need to go to the immigraton office to take a photo outside the office.  What sounds odd as another person I know who does a simliar service does not require this photo outside the office. 

Usually Immigration take the photo, inside the office.
Use the 'other' service if you don't want to go.

I have no blue Tabien Baan and ID card.  He said he did not enter a TM30 either. I guess there is a service here that willl take care of it.  He owns 2 units here (Chinese gentleman) and i assume he is not lying.  I may run out of country anyway to explore but it would be nice to understand process for future.

One service gets photo done before and brings it in but other service says they need to take the photo outside the immigration office. Maybe the office has a station outside?  odd..

9 hours ago, Dezmo said:

I have no blue Tabien Baan and ID card.  He said he did not enter a TM30 either. I guess there is a service here that willl take care of it.  He owns 2 units here (Chinese gentleman) and i assume he is not lying.  I may run out of country anyway to explore but it would be nice to understand process for future.

For a foreign owner, a copy of his passport and usufruct required to file a TM30.

1 hour ago, Faz said:

For a foreign owner, a copy of his passport and usufruct required to file a TM30.

I wonder how many of these condo owners file a TM30, especially on AirBnb??   I recall a few not asking for passport there.  This rental was done direct however.

AirBnb, (which is an agency) bookings are OK if you intend to stay less than 30 days and not visit Immigration for any reason and required a TM30 to be filed.
If you intend staying longer, then a TM30 must be filed in order to apply for an extension, in which case either the owner should file, or supply proof of the residence and his ID, so you can file the TM30.

40 minutes ago, Faz said:

AirBnb, (which is an agency) bookings are OK if you intend to stay less than 30 days and not visit Immigration for any reason and required a TM30 to be filed.
If you intend staying longer, then a TM30 must be filed in order to apply for an extension, in which case either the owner should file, or supply proof of the residence and his ID, so you can file the TM30.

Couldn't he go rent a hotel or guest house room for a few days and then go get the extension?

28 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Couldn't he go rent a hotel or guest house room for a few days and then go get the extension?

The condo owner mentioned this...but not have to stay..just pay a hotel a small fee.

A Visa service company said they could handle this for too if I hired them to get my extension.   Suspect maybe they partner with a hotel, etc

Just now, Dezmo said:

The condo owner mentioned this...but not have to stay..just pay a hotel a small fee.

A Visa service company said they could handle this for too if I hired them to get my extension.   Suspect maybe they partner with a hotel, etc

Yeah, that would be how I would do it as long as your place of stay foir the time you were here did not come inot question. You don't need an agent and paying the higher cost.

6 hours ago, Faz said:

It is illegal in Thailand to rent out a property for less than 30 days (many condos clearly advise on this at their hall). For doing so one should have a hotel license. Most of Airbnb owners has not.

• Thanks 1

Who actually gets fined if I go to IO to get extension but have there is no TM30 record?

I don;'t even know the condo owners name, etc.

My friend says the owner gets fined... not me.

But would IO refuse to extend me because if this..?

• 1 month later...

My tourist visa will expire on 3/20, and would like to renew it for 30 days. I'm in Ko Mook, can I renew it at the immigration office at Trang? And will the extension date start from 3/20 or on the day I apply 3/8 for the extension? Thanks.

10 hours ago, Traveler2023 said:

My tourist visa will expire on 3/20, and would like to renew it for 30 days. I'm in Ko Mook, can I renew it at the immigration office at Trang? And will the extension date start from 3/20 or on the day I apply 3/8 for the extension? Thanks.

Not wishing to be pedantic but you can't extend a visa.

You can extend the permission to stay date (granted under that visa) for 30 days. 

11 hours ago, Traveler2023 said:

If indeed you had a Tourist visa issued by a Thai Embassy, on entry it became 'used'.
However, the Immigration official granted you a period of permission of stay displayed on your entry stamped. "Permitted to stay until ........."

You can extend your stay for a further 30 days, provided a TM30 has been filed at the IO.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 12:25 PM, Dezmo said:

Who actually gets fined if I go to IO to get extension but have there is no TM30 record?

I don;'t even know the condo owners name, etc.

My friend says the owner gets fined... not me.

But would IO refuse to extend me because if this..?

Your friend is incorrect.

The responsibility for filing a TM30 lies with the owner, housemaster or the possessor of the residence.
The housemaster is defined as any persons who is the chief possessor of a house, whether in the capacity of owner, tenant, or in any other capacity whatsoever, in accordance with the law on people act.

Immigration will refuse an extension application until such time a TM30 is filed.

• Like 1