News Forum - Thai man’s android phone hacked to the tune of 101,000 baht

Thaiger

A Thai man was hacked to the tune of over 100,000 baht last week. The victim insists he had not accessed any suspicious websites, taken any call centre calls or filled in any online forms but says his android phone was targeted by hackers. A number of Thai netizens revealed they too had become victims …

The story Thai man’s android phone hacked to the tune of 101,000 baht as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And this is why I do not like online banking via mobile or computer. Call me old scholl but credit card and cash or COD is how I like to run. Anyay of the such, would like to know how they did it.

Something did not link well......Unless a phone is used for any on-line transaction, the history will not be there in the memory. He said he only use for playing games. Well that doesn't make any sense. He might have used that phone for transactions also. If the phone is being left for charging then it is in "Off" mode and only a password or his finger print can open the phone. I have been using my Mi Max (1st generation) phone till now. Even though the android is still 7.0 version as it cannot be updated any more, I don't face any issues with banking and on-line transaction as it always asks for finger print to be activated. 

It's not that I am any kind of technophobe, I actually spent most of my working life in IT,  but I won't go mobile for my banking no matter how much my bank tries to foist it on me. I simply don't trust it, and I don't trust contactless, either. I do use online banking, but that is browser access with a userid that I have to input everytime, and a physical token to generate the password.

11 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

And this is why I do not like online banking via mobile or computer. Call me old scholl but credit card and cash or COD is how I like to run. Anyay of the such, would like to know how they did it.

Hi old scholl.  I think most banks will offer a lot of fraud protection.