News Forum - What kids want for Children’s Day – strong morals

Thaiger

The most popular career choice among Thai children is teaching. That was the result of a Children’s Day opinion poll, jointly conducted by the Thai Ministry of Culture and Suan Dusit University. More than 7,000 kids – 3,000 boys and 4,000 girls – across the country took part in the survey. The poll shows 15% of …

The story What kids want for Children’s Day – strong morals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

What kids might mean by ethical content is anyone’s guess, but it probably doesn’t involve pulling the wings off butterflies.

I dislike articles containing ellipsis-like statements (e.g., I prefer the implicit statement above to be made explicit and supported by facts), but dislike set aside, I can't disagree with what's not written in the quoted part.

In the past and for the foreseeable future, Thaiger remains one of the run-of-the-mill sources of news out of scores of sources. It does have potential to be unique with the right mindset. Instead, the current trajectory shows that a less risky/cheaper ambition to produce quantity over quality is preferred. 

Ah well, choices were made (but I still hope a journalist every now and then goes beyond that level of superficiality).

Which profession do the children see every day. Teachers.  WOW.

Ask most what their father or mother does, and the majority would give you a blank look.

Would add a smiley emotion but it seems to not be working today, or yesterday or the day before that etc.

Not only that, but 60% of the youngsters said they thought Children’s Day activities should have a strong moral or ethical content.

And who is going to organize that... and what set of rules and definitions are going to be used...