Friday Covid Update: 9,276 new infections and 72 deaths

Thaiger

9,276 new Covid-19 cases and 72 coronavirus-related deaths were reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. With the spread of the highly transmissible Delta variant, the CCSA expects daily cases to soon hit 10,000. While today’s case count is an uptick over the past several weeks. Thailand hit a record high in new cases in mid-May with 9,635 confirmed infections, most detected in prisons. The Department of Corrections is still working to control the Covid-19 outbreaks in the overcrowded prisons where more than 30,000 inmates tested positive for the virus in the latest wave of infections. Out of […]

The post Friday Covid Update: 9,276 new infections and 72 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

14 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Yesterday, all 77 provinces in Thailand reported new Covid-19 cases.

And I bet the number for Phuket was two. It's been that way for the past ten days.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PatrickSatoLee said:

History Lessons - country should not be run by Army General. 

Last I remember there was something called the Privy Council here that is loaded with Generals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PatrickSatoLee said:

I agree! Darn that George Washington guy and all them other American Generals who became President of the United States. They were terrible presidents! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PatrickSatoLee said:

Or politicians and ex-corporals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Richard10365 said:

I agree! Darn that George Washington guy and all them other American Generals who became President of the United States. They were terrible presidents! 

But didn't those ex American Presidents/ex Army Generals receive a reputable standard of education ? Whereas as we all know everything can bought in Thailand 

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Last I remember there was something called the Privy Council here that is loaded with Generals.

I think we should remember though that they are/were only appointed to ensure certain peoples wishes are/were  upheld/encouraged upon .

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

I think we should remember though that they are/were only appointed to ensure certain peoples wishes are/were  upheld/encouraged upon .

Shhh!

The stable door has already been left open too long. All the covid horses are spreading it throughout the provinces. What ever they decide to do today its at least 6 weeks too late.

• Like 1

The problem with Thailand regarding hospital beds is there are too many people who have covid and are being shipped off to hospitals and using up beds for no reason. Thai people are being mis informed. Beds in hospitals are for the seriously sick. If you get covid u self isolate at home. How simple is this. If everyone gets covid where you going to put them. Get a grip on this. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Barrie said:

The stable door has already been left open too long. All the covid horses are spreading it throughout the provinces. What ever they decide to do today its at least 6 weeks too late.

Tuesday, April 13, 2021 should've been the date of lock down. So that's way over 6 weeks even.

I now see the Bangkokians in the South, they're afraid of foreigners don't want to sit next to them... because only they have the mighty virus. How wrong can they be. But the same logic is applied when leaving Phuket, only foreigners need to registrar where they go... Thais no bueno - "free for all"

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Are there really not more foreigners of 75+ in Bangkok and surrounding provinces?

My vaccination was done on 8 July at 15h30 in a nearly empty area behind Gate nr 1

Bang Sue Grand Station Bangkok

I am 77 years / no illness

Astrazeneca

Pre-registration was not required (walk-in for 75+ until 18 July)

Vaccine walk-ins for 75 and up available today-July 18 at Bang Sue Grand Station | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

Second shot Astrazeneca on 30 September

(for Thaiger members wanting to try this unaccompanied by a Thai person it is helpful for on site registration to make beforehand a document with all your data in Thai language such as passport data, address, age, weight. length, any kind of medication you take / your entry Gate is nr 1 and it is best to arrive after 15h00 to have parking mostly further than Gate 4)

33 minutes ago, Kevod said:

The problem with Thailand regarding hospital beds is there are too many people who have covid and are being shipped off to hospitals and using up beds for no reason. Thai people are being mis informed. Beds in hospitals are for the seriously sick. If you get covid u self isolate at home. How simple is this. If everyone gets covid where you going to put them. Get a grip on this. 

Incorrect and untrue.

Nobody who has Covid in Thailand is "shipped off to hospitals and using up beds for no reason". Nobody.

This hasn't happened for months, since the numbers were minimal and there were plenty of spare beds that could be used for state quarantine.

Those who are asymptomatic and not in need of treatment are "shipped off" to FIELD hospitals.  

Totally different.

There's no shortage of things to criticise here, but this simply isn't one of them: the shortage of hospital beds is due to the numbers needing hospital treatment  -  it's that simple.

19 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

This is a common mistake I used to share. But you don't get quarantined in a hospital, but at a "field hospital" this is just like an army barrack with prison guards, and is not meant for treatment just isolation from general public, until you get ill then you get to hospital (if they have room)

Exactly, @Tjampman, but while a few are like that (and in some countries that's what state quarantine is), they vary from converted sports stadiums or conference centres to nursing accommodation.

41 minutes ago, Shark said:

I now see the Bangkokians in the South, they're afraid of foreigners don't want to sit next to them... because only they have the mighty virus. How wrong can they be.

What's your source for the "Bangkokians in the South"?

53 minutes ago, Shark said:

But the same logic is applied when leaving Phuket, only foreigners need to registrar where they go... Thais no bueno - "free for all"

This is simply untrue, as were previous comments that there are different rules on arrival for Thais and foreigners when the rules on arrival are identical and the difference is whether they are domestic or international arrivals.

"foreigners" are not required to register where they go on leaving - only those who arrived on the Sandbox scheme.  Other foreigners may well be asked, but so may Thais.

This supposed official discrimination simply doesn't exist as described.

13 minutes ago, Stonker said:

What's your source for the "Bangkokians in the South"?

This is simply untrue, as were previous comments that there are different rules on arrival for Thais and foreigners when the rules on arrival are identical and the difference is whether they are domestic or international arrivals.

"foreigners" are not required to register where they go on leaving - only those who arrived on the Sandbox scheme.  Other foreigners may well be asked, but so may Thais.

This supposed official discrimination simply doesn't exist as described.

The people i see here. The amount is increasing here - you see it by how they dress and behave. They most likely went home or to their families see Good Morning Thailand - Bangkok is 'slowly' emptying. It's just a fact dude.

Dude I left Phuket 3 days a go did you? So who knows what is true you think? - It does exist - All foreigners we're asked to leave their cars and the 3 Thais sitting in the same car where not. Don't call someone a liar if one has experienced it. None of us have arrived under the Sandbox scheme.

Edited by Shark
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

This is a common mistake I used to share. But you don't get quarantined in a hospital, but at a "field hospital" this is just like an army barrack with prison guards, and is not meant for treatment just isolation from general public, until you get ill then you get to hospital (if they have room)

Well guess given the Thai army history of caving in to the Japanese without hardly a fight and learning from them how they ran their POW camps here in Thailand I guess they have at last put that information and learning to good use when opening their hospital/detention camps. However they have taken onboard new technology since those days and instead of keeping the detainees in bamboo cots they now use cardboard beds.

1 hour ago, Shark said:

Tuesday, April 13, 2021 should've been the date of lock down. So that's way over 6 weeks even.

I now see the Bangkokians in the South, they're afraid of foreigners don't want to sit next to them... because only they have the mighty virus. How wrong can they be. But the same logic is applied when leaving Phuket, only foreigners need to registrar where they go... Thais no bueno - "free for all"

I can almost see this happening as Phuket is in the come to us open fly to zone and that is associated with tourists. Illogical misconstrued logic born out of media nd fear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I can almost see this happening as Phuket is in the come to us open fly to zone and that is associated with tourists. Illogical misconstrued logic born out of media nd fear.

It happens and it is media caused. Don't forget we're "dirty farang" (I still hate the word farang and there's no positive association to it - It's like calling somebody black in America) the PM said it himself.

They're REALLY on 'holiday' in own country either by visiting family, which is there right obviously - But it's contributing to a spread even if they don't feel sick. For visiting Ko Samui now no PCR test is needed and I do see a lot of Krung Thep license plates.

If your scared of foreigners, don't go to Phuket or Ko Samui would be my advise.