News Forum - 3 million baht raised for British woman who fell from balcony in Thailand

Thaiger

A GoFundMe appeal raised nearly 3 million baht (£73,500) to cover the medical costs of a 21 year old British woman who sustained serious injuries after falling from a low balcony in Koh Pha Ngan in southern Thailand on New Year’s Eve. Maddi Neale-Shankster, a beauty therapist from Coventry in England, suffered a broken back, …

The story 3 million baht raised for British woman who fell from balcony in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That's good. But i still think she was being irresponsible.

And like always , when anything goes wrong for a farang, it's always Thailand's fault. I sometimes feel embarrassed as a farang with the lack of responsibility that ppl take 

2 hours ago, socal said:

That's good. But i still think she was being irresponsible.

And like always , when anything goes wrong for a farang, it's always Thailand's fault. I sometimes feel embarrassed as a farang with the lack of responsibility that ppl take 

For sure

That was a comically low railing

I also would likely be careful and not fall over that comically low railing!

Tourists are on holiday so often take risks and expect to be safe, this is the crucial error here. I've been living in thailand for 6 years take your eyes off the traffic for three seconds and you could be dead. I can't take my baby out in the pram except by grab as the pavements are impassable. Cables hang everywhere (which we all avoid) and every market and collection of bins are swarming with rats. Routine maintenance of any building never happens unless something breaks, i've had five door handles break in five different apartments. I am now an expert at changing door nobs btw. Water is spilled without any signs saying its dangerous ..I could go on

Sure its a great place to go on holiday if your switched on, but take your eye of the ball and anything can happen.

falling of balconies happens in all holiday resorts all over the world , looking over one when drunk or otherwise is very unwise

• Like 1

If you come from England you buy English insurance, am I right? So what’s about covering in Thai baht? Strange story, and mom is by now the number 1 stupidest person of the year blaming Thailand for all that happened to her partying (alcohol, drug’s?) daughter. Shame on her. Hope daughter recovers and mam too.

20 hours ago, alex12345 said:

falling of balconies happens in all holiday resorts all over the world , looking over one when drunk or otherwise is very unwise

Yes, it's a growth industry in Russia right now.