Airplane Graveyard Bangkok

Andrew Reeve

Several years ago there was an open wasteland in the suburbs of Bangkok that was home to an assortment of deteriorating aircraft and is referred to as the Airplane Graveyard. The address is 594 Ramkhamhaeng Road/Ramkamahaeng soi 103 and close by there is a large apartment block called Assakarn Place Condominium. Mystery surrounds how the aircraft got here as there are no airports close by. Is this wasteland still there with Aircraft?

B747.JPG

Thank you and the latest TripAdvisor comment is from Dec 2019 and i reckon it still there. Apparently there is a charge in and not the safest of places.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

it is still there, you can drive right on by. Its very near to the Mall Bangkapi. Homeless family lives on site and charges 500 baht to enter

Hi, @NP42 and welcome to the forum. With this post and the one on the air museum, it seems like you're a fount of local knowledge and that can only be a good thing.

Happy posting!

KC

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/20/2021 at 10:24 AM, NP42 said:

it is still there, you can drive right on by. Its very near to the Mall Bangkapi. Homeless family lives on site and charges 500 baht to enter

I paid 250 Baht for myself and a model/friend.  I guess the rate is negotiable.  It can be easily accessed by ferry too.  The highlight of the place is a 747 with a lot of the fuselage that still intact.  You can even climb up into the cockpit.  There is a "stripper pole" mounted in the plane.  I have no idea what he owners intentions were but this may provide a clue.

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2021 at 7:28 AM, Andrew Reeve said:

Thank you and the latest TripAdvisor comment is from Dec 2019 and i reckon it still there. Apparently there is a charge in and not the safest of places.

It is not safe.  There are a lot of sharp metal edges and you are quite high off the ground when posing for an IG selfie in the 747.

#airplanegraveyardbangkok hashtag on Instagram • Photos and Videos

39 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Pic I took from cockpit.1991346618_IMG_20180319_1601112291.thumb.jpg.b46d0ab4de9b9360cbbf884f0d06d42f.jpg

Common decency & the fear of getting banned, prevents me from posting what I think...

😂😂😂😂

Fine looking woman...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Common decency & the fear of getting banned, prevents me from posting what I think...

😂😂😂😂

Fine looking woman...

The photo is not that provocative.  Perhaps I should have chose a different one.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

The photo is not that provocative.  Perhaps I should have chose a different one.  

You're very welcome to do so...👍

• Like 1

Just now, Fluke said:

Why is She wearing handcuffs ?

I did mention in an earlier post something that alluded to this but it was denied as a BDSM matter. Therefore I can only assume it was a windy day and after the poster undertook his risk assessment, and he has already warned of safety issues whilst visiting these aircraft, in order to mitigate losing ones balance, it was determined that to be seated and constrained in the cockpit seat was a safer option perhaps ?

Just now, Bluesofa said:

I can't quite see if from the photo she's got her landing gear down for Runway 69?

Maybe coming into quick and waiting for Brace, Brace for impact ?

5 minutes ago, gummy said:
6 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I can't quite see if from the photo she's got her landing gear down for Runway 69?

I hope she doesn't wear braces. Could be catastrophic at 'impact'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

That's Australian foreplay innit?

"Brace yourself Sheila"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Fluke said:

Why is She wearing handcuffs ?

The handcuff thing is actually just an attachment on her handbag.   It does make the photo more interesting though.

15 hours ago, DiggR said:

Nice pic, a bit too HDR'd for my taste but nice composition.

I agree, it is a phone pic.  I didn't have a wide angle lens for my camera.

• Haha 1