News Forum - Englishman ‘crawled for half a mile’ after moped crash in Thailand

Thaiger

A moped crash on Koh Yao Noi island in southern Thailand has left an Englishman in need of urgent surgery. Arron Rouse, from Worcestershire in England, sustained several broken ribs and a gaping wound on his leg when he was thrown off his moped on the night of December 16, 2022. Far away from a …

The story Englishman ‘crawled for half a mile’ after moped crash in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This looks like never ending story. If they are thinking of living on charity better live in their own country. Don't go to a place where you think everything is free for you. Better stop entertaining such request where they don't want to take care themselves. When have money they keep drinking and enjoying spending every penny. When in difficulty start going on begging. Just stop such craps. I would rather give money to the poor hungry beggar along the road. 

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

although Arron’s bank in England has a free travel insurance policy, he did not activate it before he left.

So it's definitely his fault for not checking what he should have done.

Now I know this may sound callous, but I don't understand why people can't be bothered to check important details when organising their holiday.

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Arron was living in Thailand and working at his friend’s restaurant on the island paradise when things turned sour.

This doesn't add up.
First it mentioned 'travel' insurance, then the article says " living in Thailand and working at his friend’s restaurant".
I don't know if the details aren't clear - perhaps he was there for, say, six months on a long holiday, in which case (I think) a lot of travel insurances will cover you for up to that long - but only if you 'activate it' of course.

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

Another day, another GoFundMyStupidity. Does anyone check if any of these appeals are scams?

Most are, as most seem to come from stupidly, or naivety,  of the one injured. 

3 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

This looks like never ending story.

In terms of accidents, then yes it is. Only the headlines change:

An Englishman

A Frenchman

A German

A Man

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Saunk said:

The Brits seem to always get in trouble in Thailand and then run to create a Go Fund Me page.🤨

Perhaps as a Brit I should get into it with a fictitious claim, it does seem like a growth market.
As someone once said, "Never underestimate the gullibility of your victims."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

So it's definitely his fault for not checking what he should have done.

Now I know this may sound callous, but I don't understand why people can't be bothered to check important details when organising their holiday.

This doesn't add up.
First it mentioned 'travel' insurance, then the article says " living in Thailand and working at his friend’s restaurant".
I don't know if the details aren't clear - perhaps he was there for, say, six months on a long holiday, in which case (I think) a lot of travel insurances will cover you for up to that long - but only if you 'activate it' of course.

Most banks(usually your credit card) have a limited time travel insurance that covers a normal holiday period

Mine is 14 days

11 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Perhaps as a Brit I should get into it with a fictitious claim, it does seem like a growth market.
As someone once said, "Never underestimate the gullibility of your victims."

This New York Times journalist committed suicide and they immediately set up a GoFundMe

The guy was 44yrs old and worked as a journalist at major publications

He didn't have life insurance???

https://nypost.com/2023/01/10/new-york-times-columnist-blake-hounshell-dead-at-44/

7 hours ago, Soidog said:

In terms of accidents, then yes it is. Only the headlines change:

An Englishman

A Frenchman

A German

A Man

What’s the punch line? 

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

This New York Times journalist committed suicide and they immediately set up a GoFundMe

The guy was 44yrs old and worked as a journalist at major publications

He didn't have life insurance???

https://nypost.com/2023/01/10/new-york-times-columnist-blake-hounshell-dead-at-44/

Life insurances pay put for suicides?

2 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

Life insurances pay put for suicides?

Oh yeah 

That could be the case

Although I just Google and looks like a lot do after a certain time period of having a policy

His may not have

Good point