Thai AirAsia ranked 3rd most on-time low-cost airline in the world

KaptainRob

Thai AirAsia is ranked the third most on-time low-cost airline in the world and the most punctual carrier in Asia-Pacific countries in 2022, according to Cirium, a data analytics company in the aviation and travel industry. The average on-time rate reported by Cirium was 97.47%

The Chief Executive Officer of Thai AirAsia, Santisuk Klongchaiya, announced the company’s good news yesterday, January 9.

Full story HERE > https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-airasia-ranked-3rd-most-on-time-low-cost-airline-in-the-world

What a huge difference since its Tony Fernandes beginnings a little over 20 years ago. 

Then you could wait for half a day for your delayed flight.

This is third in 'low cost' airlines.  My experience in a full service airline, was that we often had a few minutes on late departure, but almost inevitably on time arrivals. Of course long haul allows for catch up time, so that's not surprising.  It was not BA by the way. But well done Air Asia. 

4 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

This is third in 'low cost' airlines.  My experience in a full service airline, was that we often had a few minutes on late departure, but almost inevitably on time arrivals. Of course long haul allows for catch up time, so that's not surprising.  It was not BA by the way. But well done Air Asia. 

I've always found AA Thailand very punctual although they have a ~15 minute buffer on CNX to DMK flight schedules.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

I've always found AA Thailand very punctual although they have a ~15 minute buffer on CNX to DMK flight schedules.

Yes, me too.  I have always found them to be reliable and easy to deal with, such as the excellent online booking service. 

The one airline I refuse to fly with unless out of necessicity. Just do not like them, except for their hot cabin crew member gals walking around the airport that is.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Yes, me too.  I have always found them to be reliable and easy to deal with, such as the excellent online booking service. 

Thank you!  I helped them develop their online system. I’m still not happy with it and some recent upgrades have, in my opinion, not worked. Their mobile app also has a number of problems. Overall it’s functional, although I don’t like the policy of adding extras (insurance for example) and the customer having to deselect it. That’s a sales and marketing policy and nothing to do with the technical aspect of the site. 

• Like 2

As some will have noticed, I’m not a fan of airlines customer service. I find it amazing that people rejoice at a figure of 97.47% punctuality and that puts them in the top 3. Most airlines are far far worse. 

Thai Air Asia, according to their annual report flew 69,368 flights in 2019. 2.53% of which were late. They operate a flexibility of 15 mins before the flight is deemed “late”, even on a 1 hour flight (nice work if you can get away with it).  This means 1,755 flights were late. 147 a month or 36 a week. With an average load of even 100 passengers, that 3,600 “customers” per week who arrived late. Anywhere from 16 mins to perhaps hours. Wish I worked in an industry where customer service performance like that was celebrated! 

It’s amazing what customers come to expect and accept. As Henry Ford once said - “If I’d have asked customers what they wanted, they’d have said faster horses”

The airline industry needs to a total rethink! Problem is that currently it has no real competition and so it can sit on its hands. 

6 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

The one airline I refuse to fly with unless out of necessicity. Just do not like them, except for their hot cabin crew member gals walking around the airport that is.

I am a bit quirky, some would say and I pick up on things other's wouldn't notice

Yes, AA has some very pretty hostesses, but I hate the color of their stockings! They are like a brown/black mixture that doesn't go with the red uniforms at all!

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

Thank you!  I helped them develop their online system. I’m still not happy with it and some recent upgrades have, in my opinion, not worked. Their mobile app also has a number of problems. Overall it’s functional, although I don’t like the policy of adding extras (insurance for example) and the customer having to deselect it. That’s a sales and marketing policy and nothing to do with the technical aspect of the site. 

I like AA, but don't like the booking process, always having to check what they added on

And their luggage policy sucks!

I much prefer Nok really.................

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

I like AA, but don't like the booking process, always having to check what they added on

And their luggage policy sucks!

I much prefer Nok really.................

I agree. When I did work for them I got to speak to Tony Fernandes. Really decent guy and very energised. When I raised issues regarding things like automatically adding insurance, pop-up’s and pages on the website promoting hotels and car hire he brushed it off on the basis others decided such things. I thought it was a kop out. So much of the website we built and tested was not to my liking. Unfortunately, my contract wasn’t to criticise content. I did try though 😂

14 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I am a bit quirky, some would say and I pick up on things other's wouldn't notice

Yes, AA has some very pretty hostesses, but I hate the color of their stockings! They are like a brown/black mixture that doesn't go with the red uniforms at all!

Doesn't bother me in the least. All eye candy for me. Even Vietjet and that odd shorts uniform has something that can stir up a man's, u-hum curiosity of wanting to explore.

image.png.802816644955a672e6fed4a233ed345e.pngimage.thumb.png.5a4eb9c4878a01930823bac192c6738d.png