News Forum - How to find the cheapest flights to Thailand (2023)

Thaiger

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

AirNZ 787 service to HKG then Cathay A350 to BKK can be reasonably priced but the AirNZ cabin service is krap. 
SIA is exxy and there's a layover in SIN 🙄  
Ex SYD you can get an AirAsiaX flight via KL with easy connections to HKT, CNX or BKK.  

Yeah, I saw the NZ service to Hong Kong but ended up getting booking the Malaysia airlines flight instead. 13 hour layover but will probably go out of the airport and head for town for some food and a beer. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yselmike said:

Everyone seems to quote the cheapest price they see on websites or airline apps.That means it's a use it or lose it ticket,can't change or extend dates,only one carry on bag 7kg no checked luggage,no choice of seats.Those tickets seem ok until you read the Ts and C's.Theres no getting away from it a premium economy today is the same price as a business class 2019.

Yea I agree. These travel apps often quite prices from 3rd party agents. Many of who offer no support whatsoever. Then there are charges on top to select your seat. Booking with the airline direct can be an extra 10% but often worth it. I never use 3rd party agents. 

It strange how these threads develop. There is absolutely no doubt that airline long haul prices are more expensive now than they were in 2019. That is a 100% nailed on fact! Yet people still want to talk about it still not being a good deal. Prices are coming down. One person even suggesting move to another country 😂. You literally can not make it up. Posting on social media gives you a scary insight of what it must be like being a politician or negotiator. You can not convince people the sun rises in the east even when stood next to them at sunrise with them holding a compass 😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 10:50 AM, BigHewer said:

Agreed on all fronts. Return fares now ex. Osaka are the highest they’ve been since the early 2000s.

Thats life. All goes in cycles.

On 1/11/2023 at 6:43 PM, Soidog said:

Yea I agree. These travel apps often quite prices from 3rd party agents. Many of who offer no support whatsoever. Then there are charges on top to select your seat. Booking with the airline direct can be an extra 10% but often worth it. I never use 3rd party agents. 

It strange how these threads develop. There is absolutely no doubt that airline long haul prices are more expensive now than they were in 2019. That is a 100% nailed on fact! Yet people still want to talk about it still not being a good deal. Prices are coming down. One person even suggesting move to another country 😂. You literally can not make it up. Posting on social media gives you a scary insight of what it must be like being a politician or negotiator. You can not convince people the sun rises in the east even when stood next to them at sunrise with them holding a compass 😉

Whinging about prices doesnt change a thing. Either pay the price or dont buy a ticket.

Its supply and demand. Less flights and increased demand means higher prices.

What is the point in whinging?

40 minutes ago, Polkadot said:

Whinging about prices doesnt change a thing. Either pay the price or dont buy a ticket.

He is not winging about prices.He replied to my post,that was about third party agencies offering cheap flights that are basically just a come on,with zero accountability.Both of us do actually "pay the price" and buy direct from the airlines.In my case EVA from Amsterdam.I have just checked for December and the ticket that suits me is close to €1200 that's double what I paid pre COVID.So stop whinging about posts you don't understand.

3 minutes ago, yselmike said:

He is not winging about prices.He replied to my post,that was about third party agencies offering cheap flights that are basically just a come on,with zero accountability.Both of us do actually "pay the price" and buy direct from the airlines.In my case EVA from Amsterdam.I have just checked for December and the ticket that suits me is close to €1200 that's double what I paid pre COVID.So stop whinging about posts you don't understand.

Sounds like whinging cause it is whinging. Airlines set prices based on ticket sales. Its a computer program.

6 minutes ago, yselmike said:

One thing that irked me a little bit recently is we have flights for 2 weeks from now

With me coming back March12 and my wife later April 23rd

And from the prices it is virtually impossible to change our dates, even my wife, looking 2-3 weeks before her scheduled return

The price to change her dates to come back early are 3-4k

To me, the way they are quoting in the 1000's, seems to be they don't actually have any seats available and they are overselling the flight

And that was part of what @Soidog was saying before

hey if the flight is sold out, it's sold out

But to quote changes in the 3-4k range is just being criminal

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Polkadot said:

In the grown up world it’s called commenting and debating on a forum. Maybe in the playground you kids call it whinging? Now go do your homework. 

On 2/1/2023 at 5:02 AM, Soidog said:

In the grown up world it’s called commenting and debating on a forum. Maybe in the playground you kids call it whinging? Now go do your homework. 

In the adult world you look for solutions to problems. Kids whinge, adults find solutions. 

1 hour ago, Polkadot said:

In the adult world you look for solutions to problems. Kids whinge, adults find solutions. 

And what would your solution be to an airline charging a higher price and all other airlines doing the same for the routes and dates you wish to travel?

This would be a pretty empty forum if people didn’t post anything and just got on and tried to solve unsolvable problems.

Of course none of that can happen. You are just one of those people who don’t understand when people see problems, and so you categorise it as whinging. When intellectual people see things wrong, the less intellectual categorise it as whinging   

4 hours ago, Polkadot said:

My problem is there are only two airlines that fly direct to Bangkok from Amsterdam.They both start at about €1200 return.Double what I paid pre COVID.

It's my problem in my adult world without a solution.I am allowed to have a whinge.

I am curious to see how many European tourists make it to Thailand in 2023 with the high cost of flights.

Schiphol airport are wanting to charge for every checked bag,only a few euros that they will use to pay the loaders and sorters, finally something I don't mind paying.

On 1/11/2023 at 4:43 PM, Soidog said:

Yes, I booked a flight pre-covid through a travel website / third party, then the borders closed and the travel agent then went into liquidation. I did initially get a credit confirmation from Thai Airways but have struggled to get any further information from them regarding extending the credit. Thai Airways is currently not flying direct from Perth Australia so I am unable to fly with them. 

I flew with Thai Airways many times previously as they had two direct flights every day PER-BKK and had no issues with the price or the service. I hope that this service will resume soon as I'm sure the demand is there.

• Like 2