News Forum - Chuwit vs the triads – still blowing his whistle

Thaiger

The seed that was planted during an October raid on a Bangkok nightspot that stayed open too late, has blossomed into one of the kingdom’s most invasive corruption scandals. At the centre is businessman and suspected crime boss Chaiyanat “Tuhao” Kornchayanant – the rich guy. He allegedly has a finger in almost every criminal pie in Bangkok and is a key figure in Chinese criminal syndicates operating in Thailand. His wife is the niece of a former deputy PM. So far, Tuhao is accused of being involved in the drug trade, running a business without a license, associating with a […]

The story Chuwit vs the triads – still blowing his whistle as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

12 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

A sad indictment on senior Thai officials and politicians though I have grave concern for Chuwit's longevity.

Think his longevity is sealed either way Rob. He does not look in the best of health compared to older photos of him. Perhaps this is why he is doing it. No longer has anything to lose? 

What I do find odd is that Big Joke was also part of this investigation but was removed for unknown reasons. Perhaps because he was getting the limelight Chewit wanted for himself. Or maybe Big Joke found him difficult to work with. I am speculating and I should not do that.

Anyway I have no doubt Chewit has been involved in his own fair share of corruption over the years but as the saying goes "poacher turned gamekeeper". 

• Like 1