News Forum - Thousands of hotel bookings cancelled after vaccine measures introduced

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

I did and do have an argument. That people like you only thought of yourselves rather than wider society when it came to getting a vaccination.

You also display a huge amount of entitlement in that you also expect to benefit from the freedoms mass vaccination has now afforded us while not contributing yourself in any way.

Entitled young fart that you are.

It is not about you nor me, no to mention that I did get the first 2 doses (so am I a conspiracy theorist or even an antivaxx??). But that's no argument. You keep saying "mass vaccination", however the countless young people that choose not to cause they have with their own mind and right decided not to get vaccinated cause they saw no benefit neither for themselves nor for society is THEIR argument, which is what I wrote in my previous comment. They are healthy and when they got covid, they were fine or even no symptom whatsoever. And since the vaccines do not stop transmission whatsoever, they do not see any benefit. What argument do you have against that? It is not MY argument, it is THEIRS... How dare you calling them consipiracy theorists comment after comment? My opinion is though that they were right. That's my opinion as opposed as their argument. You only give comment after comment your opinion, no argument whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, Manu said:

It is not about you nor me, no to mention that I did get the first 2 doses (so am I a conspiracy theorist or even an antivaxx??). But that's no argument. You keep saying "mass vaccination", however the countless young people that choose not to cause they have with their own mind and right decided not to get vaccinated cause they saw no benefit neither for themselves nor for society is THEIR argument, which is what I wrote in my previous comment. They are healthy and when they got covid, they were fine or even no symptom whatsoever. And since the vaccines do not stop transmission whatsoever, they do not see any benefit. What argument do you have against that? It is not MY argument, it is THEIRS... How dare you calling them consipiracy theorists comment after comment? My opinion is though that they were right. That's my opinion as opposed as their argument. You only give comment after comment your opinion, no argument whatsoever.

Why are you arguing on behalf of someone else?

Seems to me that you simply decided you wanted to rant about "boring old farts". It also appears that you constantly confuse your opinion with facts and dismiss others who do not agree.  

I am sorry if my posts make you angry. I understand that entitled young farts cannot deal with their views being challenged. 

11 hours ago, Danbrooks2k said:

The thousands of hotels and flights being cancelled was a reminder to Thailand that us dirty farang can take out dollars elsewhere even cheap Charlie money adds up and helps out the tourist economy and that money gets spread around every corner of Thailand in every sector. 

I laughed at a kneejerk reaction followed by another kneejerk reaction.... hilarious!

The first I read of flight cancellations was when India announced that all had to have an expensive negative test to get in,mass cancellations of flights and hotel bookings by Indians. Thailand only wanted proof of vaccination.The vaccination certificate has been used by European's for over a year.There has been less take up of the second booster shot,but I imagine that the majority of people who wanted to travel to any destination already have had the jabs.So no mass cancelations really.I got the second booster shot so I was up to date if Thailand did re impose restrictions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

This is a far more subtle issue than you state. As the vaccines provide a degree of protection from the virus, then if you’re not infected, you can’t infect others. 

Have a read:

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o298

You are a bit out of time with your argument, citing a website from early 22, of the end of delta variant period, that quotes a study from 2021. Omicron changes a lot and the waning alarm state of the body changes more, because there are no antibodies after vaccination, where they are needed, when getting infected by omicron: in the nose and throat. According to a Nature https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-02328-0 article from August 22 the effect of vaccination on the transmissibility is on 24%, that is reduced every 5 weeks by 6%. So, how long ago may the last vacation of most people in average be? My more than 12 months. You can put the theory, that the vacation of most people would somehow still significantly reduce the transmissibility of omicron into the garbage bin. Best way to protect from severe illness and transmissibility from omicron is to have frequently contact to the virus, because the leads to some immunity where it is needed: in the nose and throat. Not my idea, but the opinion of some German virologists.